BE GP: Bourdais wins the impressions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on BE GP: Bourdais wins the impressions within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; RIP Phil Hill, the first US driver to be World Driving Champion. The Q1 time by Bourdais was a complete ...

I Support ClubWRX

BE GP: Bourdais wins the impressions

RIP Phil Hill, the first US driver to be World Driving Champion.

The Q1 time by Bourdais was a complete shock.

From the in-car shots, what's most amazing isn't even the blinding speed on the endless straights. It's the way F1 cars brake. These guys use less than 100 m to brake into corners when they'd been at 300+ kph, it must be like hitting a brick wall.

Looking forward to the GP early AM tomorrow.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I was shocked when Bourdais got the #1 spot in Q1. I though perhaps it was a mistake. Both TR drivers did pretty well I think Vettel's going to be one of the next big drivers. He's only 20 so he still has time to improve and could theoretically have a very very long career.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

i've been boggled by the television coverage. qualifying is still on speed, but i keep forgetting which major network the race is on. fox? NBC?
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

I think this ones on speed? It was only a few races that were on fox.
    FORZA FERRARI

Spoiler

for those that saw the race:

I just read on itv that hamilton is penalzied 25 seconds making Massa the winner.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    In the post-race interview Hamilton commented that Raikkonen left him nowhere to go, so he had no choice but to cut the esses. This was before he'd known about a penalty, so I take it as an honest statement of his viewpoint. He also conceded his position and did not benefit from his exit. It's IMO unjust.

Still a good GP with plenty of passing and many battles going on. All ten positions up front were fought for, the weather was unpredictable, and there were plenty of exits and spins.

I've asked before... who is Fernando Alonso? (OK to be fair he quietly did anything he could to gather points for Renault, but it's not much like him to quietly do anything. Is his trumpeter dead?)
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

it was a good race. actually best 3 final laps that i've seen in ages!

The penalty on Lewis is not right. he gave the position back. once you are behind the car that you illegaly past you can commence racing agin. that's what Lewis did.

I am a mclaren fan hack i work for Vodafone hehehehe but i think that Raikonnen should not have crashed his car and we might have seen a nice finish. i feel sorry for him but he was too eager on a wet circuit without intermediate (rain tires)

good Race
    Bugeye Mafia member #79
    The Blobeye Syndicate #79
    01 WRB WRX aka The Scooby - Sold
    05 WRB STi aka The STi (EJ207)

All We'll Drive

I Support ClubWRX
    I just learned about the penalty. Man, that's brutal.

He did indeed give up the spot after cutting the S's...not sure what this penalty is about. It'll help fuel the "Ferrari can do no wrong" conspiracy theorists.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.