ES GP: Huh?!

This is a discussion on ES GP: Huh?! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just finished watching the ES GP. I admit I'm confused. First, the venue. There have been half a dozen different ...

I Support ClubWRX

ES GP: Huh?!

Just finished watching the ES GP. I admit I'm confused.

First, the venue. There have been half a dozen different venues for the ES GP over the years, so what do the Spaniards do? They add a new venue -- only they one-up themselves, and introduce a track that would be great if it were not where it is. Why on Earth is there another road course? And let's say the Spaniards misjudged it etc. -- why are FIA going along with it? Sure, the pit areas are top notch and the grandstands are great and it's accessible and all that. There is no runoff. Why not? It's a great design. It just belongs in Bahrain, where one can drive until the fuel runs out without hitting a solid object. Did the calendar really need another Canada but now in blazing heat?

Then there's Ferrari. They've outdone themselves too -- and they've also run themselves over. If it were any other team except McLaren, they'd have been fined heavily, probably penalized points, and faced ridicule in the press (if it actually were McLaren, they've have been executed).
    Plus, the Ferraris now go boom more often than usual.

I'm eager to see what Toyota and BMW manage at Spa. Meanwhile, arguably the top motor manufacturer in recent history, Honda, continues to offer comic relief while using unlimited resources to make the car even funnier.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    I'm jealous of your DVR.

I'd have preferred they added a normal track but as street courses go it seems a fairly decent one.

Massa did get a $10000 fine for his pit stop incident. Though Kimi seemed more at fault for his since he actually jumped the lights.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    any word on the fueling guy been hit by kimi ?

and yes if the errors were McLarens they'd woulda been spit roasted over the FIA grill.

ferrari must have p00p on there lips from all that butt kissing
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    FIA know that if they piss off FIAT they'll lose a key demographic: the Pebble Beach crowd. On their part, FIAT know that they need to maintain close relations since brand awareness is critical and historic wins are less useful for selling today's cars than they may have been in the past (example: Who remembers Vanwall? That's what I thought...). So the two do what they can to float.

Ferrari are a great team but their recent appearances have been disorganized, grabasstic and, leniently, semi-pro. I'd expect some of this stuff from a rented-van-tow-rig team running last year's Dalara and used tyres in a local event, but not necessarily from ostensibly the best racing team in the world. Someone's working at Ferrari, since Massa had been very fast for months now, but the car needs to stay together and it needs to stay off employees.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    any word on the fueling guy been hit by kimi ?
    The Ferrari press release said he had "small fracture" on his foot.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.