Ford replaces Latvala for asphalt events.

This is a discussion on Ford replaces Latvala for asphalt events. within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team has announced that asphalt expert Francois Duval will partner Mikko Hirvonen for ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Ford replaces Latvala for asphalt events.

The BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team has announced that asphalt expert Francois Duval will partner Mikko Hirvonen for the asphalt events in Spain and Corsica in October.

The 27-year-old Belgian, who took a fine third place finish in Germany on what was his first WRC outing since Monte Carlo back in January, will be nominated to score manufacturer points in the two asphalt events as the Blue Oval seeks to beat Citroen to the 2008 manufacturers' title.

Duval, who will replace the injured Gigi Galli in the Stobart team in New Zealand, had also been due to compete for the team in the two asphalt events, but his place will now be taken in the Ford 'B' team for those outings by regular Ford man Jari-Matti Latvala.

The young Finn will continue to partner Hirvonen on Rally New Zealand next weekend and will then return to BP Ford Abu Dhabi colours for the final two events of the year in Japan and Great Britain.

read more:
    crash.net news latvala
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Hmmm...now all we need is for Loeb and Hirvonen to develop an intense fear of rally cars.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    That's interesting. Obviously Duval will fare better on tarmac.. but that doesn't show much for team loyalty, or confidence in their drivers..

So now are they going to start changing drivers every rally depending on who they think will do better? Throw away their driver's championship points in hopes to gain manufacturer points?

What's the difference between the Stobart cars and the BP cars? I understand Ford wants points for their "A" team, but this doesn't really seem fair to me.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    what's asphalt? is that anything like tarmac?
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman