Mitsubishi "Racing Lancer" hits the sandbox

This is a discussion on Mitsubishi "Racing Lancer" hits the sandbox within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You're looking at the replacement for Team Repsol Mitsubishi Ralliart's venerable rally version of the Pajero sport ute. The Japanese ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Mitsubishi "Racing Lancer" hits the sandbox

You're looking at the replacement for Team Repsol Mitsubishi Ralliart's venerable rally version of the Pajero sport ute. The Japanese automaker's rally team has just revealed its newest cross-country rally vehicle based on the Lancer, dubbed simply the "Racing Lancer". The Racing Lancer will makes it debut at the 2008 FIA Cross-Country Rally World Cup in Portugal at the end of October. There it will show off its new turbo diesel engine, specifics of which have been withheld though the new mill has logged over 8,000 km during testing and limited competition. Mitsubishi's new motor marks yet another instance of diesel power gaining prominence in motorsport just like Audi did in the American Le Mans Series with its oil-burning R8 and R10. And just like Audi, Mitsubishi's decision to use a turbodiesel in the Racing Lancer is part of a larger plan that has but one objective: win the 2009 Dakar rally.

More Pics

Autoblog.com
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice dune buggy. Is there a good reason why it's black and not white for the heat?
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etshulda View Post
    Nice dune buggy. Is there a good reason why it's black and not white for the heat?
    if you check the pics in the link in the thread above you'll see what its paint job will look like , i only assume that because its new they painted it black to hide the details ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails racing_lancer_h09W.jpg  
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-22-2008 at 12:41 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Yeah I saw those. I assume mitsubishi wants the drivers to sweat out some weight before the race.
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etshulda View Post
    Yeah I saw those. I assume mitsubishi wants the drivers to sweat out some weight before the race.
    teehehehe more than likely
    "All We'll Drive"