TopSpeed makes it two in a Row!!!! Pics and story from Summit Point

This is a discussion on TopSpeed makes it two in a Row!!!! Pics and story from Summit Point within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks to our sponsors, Cobb Tuning, Whiteline, Brian Crower, JRZ, and Playmoreonline. Wow, This last race has been an emotional ...

TopSpeed makes it two in a Row!!!! Pics and story from Summit Point

Thanks to our sponsors, Cobb Tuning, Whiteline, Brian Crower, JRZ, and Playmoreonline.

Wow,
    This last race has been an emotional roller coster for Topspeed. With so many cars hitting the walls or breaking we decide to play it easy on Saturday's practice. Making only a few laps and not being able to get one clean lap we decided to throw in the towel and wait for Sunday.

Sunday's first morning practice we go out and the front splitters mount breaks off. Only thing we could attribute it was coming down off the harsh jump. We have run this splitter for two seasons now and have not had a single problem untill today. In a huge effort to get the car ready for the first timed session we missed the second practice on Sunday.

So after making only a few laps in practice we were lined up on the grid for our first timed session with high hope's of breaking the one minute 30 barrier. Those hope's would soon be crushed as Luke would call over the radio to let me know that the front splitter was again draging the ground. I gave him to ok to contiue as we needed to atleast get one run on the books. After completing one lap he pulls in the pits. The annoucer came over the loud speaker telling the crowd we ran a 1:31.8. Feeling a bit discuraged we pulled the front bumper apart and removed the splitter. It was destroyed, noway we could break the record now.

With no option but to run our car without the splitter in place we set out for the last practice time of the day. This practice was also a huge let down, as the car was now extremely pushy. Guess the front splitter was working more than we had anticipated as the quickest time Luke was able to turn was a 1:33.7 in the last practice. Almost two seconds slower than the first time runs. Crap!!! with our car now handicapped almost two seconds our only hope was to turn the boost to the moon and go for broke.

With a little inspiration from Chris Rado's team called VPimport we cranked it up. The result ended up in us running a 1:30.5 in the final session. Some 3 seconds faster than our previous practice without the splitter, but a second and half off the track record.

With the overall victory sealed Luke brings the car in after his second lap to try and save the car for the next event. Thanks to everyone there hope to see you all at VIR.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Waay to go! pics are cool also.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Great pics! wish I could go!

I Support ClubWRX
    Great stuff! Great Pics.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Awesome pics! Very nice work.

I assume the Porsche and Shelby were replicas? They have a few things that would make me say they're replicas but you never know.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

to TopSpeed!!! You guys know how to make things happen! Hopefully I'll see you dudes in SEP!! Take it easy.
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

Thanks a lot!

Here is the video of the TopSpeed Time Attack car at Summit Point, WV hosted by REDLINE.

On the link, Click High Quality for better viewing!

YouTube - Summit Point 2008 "The Splitter"

Enjoy!

VERY nice video! That looks like a fun little buggy.

If you need an extra driver let me know.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC