Best shift points for the 08?

This is a discussion on Best shift points for the 08? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just wondering what you guys think for shifting... whats good for best gas mileage and whats best for race shifting?...

Best shift points for the 08?

just wondering what you guys think for shifting... whats good for best gas mileage and whats best for race shifting?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure about the '08 WRX, but I've had best gas mileage shifting 4000-4500 RPMs
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Regardless of car or model:
    For max efficiency, try shifting at 3/5 max torque rpm, earlier if possible.
    For max speed, keep the needle between max torque rpm on the low end and max hp rpm on the high end. This means every shift cannot fall below max torque rpm when shifting up.
    Check the motor's specs for max torque and hp rpm.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Not sure about the '08 WRX, but I've had best gas mileage shifting 4000-4500 RPMs
    really!? Anyone else confirm this for an STi?

I'd figure shifting before the turbo starts spooling agressively, 3500 rpm. You could also go a little higher and skip a gear or two. In a racing application, it depends what you are doing and what is coming up in front of you. Straight line, I'd say 6700 rpm.
    Last edited by tuskenraider; 08-05-2008 at 06:22 AM.