TopSpeed wins Overall Grand Champion Redline TA Nashville and sets a new track record
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on TopSpeed wins Overall Grand Champion Redline TA Nashville and sets a new track record within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off TopSpeed would like to thank all the companies that have supported us this season. JRZ, Cobb Tuning, Whiteline, ...

TopSpeed wins Overall Grand Champion Redline TA Nashville and sets a new track record

First off TopSpeed would like to thank all the companies that have supported us this season.

JRZ, Cobb Tuning, Whiteline, Playmoreonline, and Urban8designs

Onto our weekend of many emotions.

Thursday started out pretty tough, after searching high and low for our tires we usually run we kept geting the same answer "sorry sir, those tires are on backorder". Crap.... well after a long search we finally found a set in Knoxville, Tn. So I told the guy to hold them for me as I would be driving up first thing Friday morning.

So Friday morning I wake up at 5am and hop in my car, destination Knoxville, Tn. After driving 3 1/2hrs through some of the most amazing twisties and mountain roads I arrive at the Hoosier south distribution center. Spending a total of about 10mins there, to relieve the 3 redbulls, sign a few papers and load the car up with a fresh set of stickys I am back on my way to Atlanta. Back at the shop we mount the 4 new tires, and load up the rig.

At 8pm we leave TopSpeed and make the 4 1/2 hr drive to Nashville Super Speedway. Once we arrive at the track we are greeted by Todd, and Nick from redline. Chat with them for a few and then call it a night.

Saturday comes and we have the car ready to go but no driver.. Luke isn't scheduled to arrive till later Saturday night. So while sitting around I get bored and decide to take the car out for a spin to check a few things. Saturdays fast practice times around around 1.07's to 1.10's for all the teams.

Sunday, finally our driver has arrived, but not without issues. Lukes flight was supposed to arrive Saturday night was canceled. With his only option to fly out first thing Sunday morning he loaded up.

Luke finally got to see the track for the first time about 10am Sunday morning. In our third lap out in Luke's first practice session we set FTD with a 1.05.6. Not bad for our first outing, after a few more practice laps we decide to sit and wait for the timed session to get one on the books. First session, we leave the car on our low boost mapping since we felt confident that we could secure the overall and then go for lap record on second session. The plan worked as we ran a 1.04.5 first session out securing the Overall.

Knowing the car had alot more in it we felt confident we could break the overall track record. So with the car set on our high boost map we headed out. On Luke's first flying lap it happened, A 1.03.7 the new track record for any bodied car there even faster than the GT1 times. Second lap around looked to be an even faster lap, however on the back straight the clutch decided it had enough and gave out. Pulling the data from the second lap it looks like we should have run a low 03 or even possible a high 02.

This wraps up TopSpeed second Overall Grand Champion win and first Track Record. Not to mention back to back GC wins We should have some wicked video up in a few days after the editing is done.

Summit Point and VIR here we come, hope to see everyone out there.

Doug

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    congratulations to you all
    nice looking "classic" impreza you have
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs up Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    congratulations to you all
    nice looking "classic" impreza you have
    +1

Sweet Subie! Good story & nice pics!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Thanks guys!

Stay tuned for Summit Point WV.

Would you mind posting some detail on the build? I'm sure many on this board don't have quite the appreciation for what goes into a build like that.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by TopSpeedInc View Post
    Thanks guys!

Stay tuned for Summit Point WV.
    can't wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Would you mind posting some detail on the build? I'm sure many on this board don't have quite the appreciation for what goes into a build like that.
    Sure!

Its a 1996 Subaru Impreza Brighton. (Lightest Edition)

It currently is running a full 2006 Subaru STi Powertrain, Drivetrain etc...

Everything was swapped over Dash, wiring, hubs, engine, Brakes.

It currently has a TopSpeed Performance Motor our RR1 Series. TopSpeed build GT35R kit with vband exhaust housings. 6 piston stoptech brakes, 18x10 wheels

It has Chargespeed Body kit, Custom splitter, and Sideskirts, etc....
    It has pretty much everything in it.

Tray M
    Last edited by TopSpeedInc; 07-31-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Congrats man! I hope to see you tearing it up at Summit Point. When is VIR?
    2006 WRX
    Opensource STG 2, Epic Engineering
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #032

http://s258.photobucket.com/home/joesubaru7/index
    DD: 2001 2.5RS
    Old: 1998 2.5RS [url]

Thumbs up

Congrats man. That is a heck of an accomplishment for quite a bit of hard work.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice going - looks like fun +!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on a great running and great looking car.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Thanks guys!

Stay tuned for a Sick Video!!!

subscribed waiting for sick footage woot!
    Power is nothing without control

Here is video of our TopSpeed Time Attack car breaking the record at Nashville Redline Time Attack.

Big thanks to Neal for putting this together for us.

Check it out!

YouTube - TopSpeed at the Nashville SuperSpeedway Redline Time Attack

*** Click High Quality for better Picture***

I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet Video! Congratulations again.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.