Tire dilemma - G-force sports???....

This is a discussion on Tire dilemma - G-force sports???.... within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was wondering if anyone had ever run on BF Goodrich G-Force Sports, right now i have some all-seasons and ...

Tire dilemma - G-force sports???....

I was wondering if anyone had ever run on BF Goodrich G-Force Sports, right now i have some all-seasons and I need something better for summer and running a few local auto-x events (STX).

The reason I'm looking @ the g-force sports is I know someone selling them (w/ wheels) barely used so I'm considering it to save some $$$, I know falken/hankook would be much faster but I'm still sure these would be a step up from my "GOODYEAR ASSURANCE's".

The question is whether to spend some more and get something really competitive (azenis/hankook/re-01's...) or save some cash and get the somewhat-less-competitive-but-still-much-better-than-what-i-have.... so does anyone have an idea how much less-competitive these may be.

On a scale of 1-10 the ASSURANCE's are probably a 2-3....

btw running a 03wrx, other mods are rear-swabar & cobb stage 2.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tires are the only thing between the road and your car so that's the last place to compromise. If it's just a summer/autox tire you need, skip the compromise and your friend's deal.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    if your autoxing at all (sounds like you are) spring for the Kooks or Azenis- they are very affordable autox tires in my opinion

as pointed out above, it's the best (and most important) area to spend some $- the kooks can be had in some sizes under $100

try edgeracing.com
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

thanks for the advice, I'll be going with some new kooks then