Subaru to run 2 teams in '09 WRC !
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru to run 2 teams in '09 WRC ! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru will run four factory Impreza WRCs in two teams in the 2009 World Rally Championship, with team principal David ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Subaru to run 2 teams in '09 WRC !

Subaru will run four factory Impreza WRCs in two teams in the 2009 World Rally Championship, with team principal David Richards interested in running a British driver in one car.

The British-based Subaru team have been linked to a possible Manufacturer Two squad for the last 18 months, but team principal Richards recently confirmed the move.

"We'll run a new team next year," said Richards. "We will get the car right this season and next year we can hit the season hard right from the start with four cars sharing the same parts and systems."

Despite confirming the second team, Richards said he wouldn't necessarily be looking for funded drivers.

"We would like a British driver, but I don't know who that could be," said Richards. "Beyond Britain, I don't know who's out there.

"The French guy, [Sebastien] Ogier looks good, but he's already under contract with Citroen. We also tried to get Jari-Matti Latvala, but he stayed with Ford.

"Anton Alen is good, but an unknown quantity in the WRC. We would like a British driver, but I don't know who that could be. We're not looking to make money with this team, just to cover the costs."

Autosport.com

wow great news
    i wonder if they can get David Higgins in a seat ?
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not very knowledgable in current WRC affairs, but is there any chance that Pastrana could get that ride? I thought I read that he's won the last 3 straight US rally championships, and that he did some racing in one of the series just under WRC.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup thats correct he is also again running in selected PWRC events again this year.

----------------
    news just in:

Subaru's managing director Richard Taylor has revealed that while they would like to run a second team next season in the World Rally Championship, it is by no means 'firmed-up' as yet.

Reports that the Banbury-based outfit would definitely run an extra two cars in the WRC in 2009 emerged last month, however, when asked about it, Taylor told Crash.net Radio that nothing has yet been decided, although it is one of the squad's objectives.

Crash.net read more
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I'd just love to see an American compete in WRC. Besides, Pastrana is such a great character. I think it would be good for the sport.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    WRC is doing fine
    Travis really needs to up his game tho to be a serious contender in WRC/PWRC

also we just need get to see WRC or even Rally America on TV/Cable then i'd be a lot happier ,but for now its internet and torrents
    "All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe View Post
    I'd just love to see an American compete in WRC. Besides, Pastrana is such a great character. I think it would be good for the sport.
    I can see the executives at Speed Channel cringe at the thought of an American in the WRC

(that might mean they would have to possibly air it)
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by WRXelent View Post
    I can see the executives at Speed Channel cringe at the thought of an American in the WRC

(that might mean they would have to possibly air it)
    That would take away from NASCAR coverage.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

i like the american drivers, but i don't think pastrana or block can win in WRC, compete possibly, as that's all we really do these days...

we need another legend. someone who can win for us again...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.