WRC Acropolis(Greece) May30-June1 talk/results spoiler* - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRC Acropolis(Greece) May30-June1 talk/results spoiler* within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Know what? Hats off to TR for the strides they've made in almost every sport I can think of in ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Know what? Hats off to TR for the strides they've made in almost every sport I can think of in the past 15 years or so. From football to motorsport, they are now IMO world-class. All political and geographic rivalries aside, when they go sporting they now mean it. More power to them.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    i hear u Spiros , still WRC Turkey is a car buster like Acropolis hopefully Subaru can prove it was'nt just luck and fords unluckiness !

but at end of day no matter what , i'm just glad to see Petter/Phil happy that they had a podium finish
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Yeah Petter/Phil! So i'm guessing it was the car...
    An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an ‘Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order’ sign, just ‘Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.’ - Mitch Hedberg

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXelent View Post
    Yeah Petter/Phil! So i'm guessing it was the car...
    It may have been the newness of the car ironically. Many commentators are praising Solberg for his restraint. He protected the car and he kept it in one piece through the tank proving ground stages so that he had a decent ride to attack with when given a chance. This is smart rallying, and it's what makes champions: keeping the car together, getting points from finishing, collecting as many experiences as possible and keeping the ground moving beneath the wheels. It seems to have worked.

I wonder if he'd have had a good finish in the old chassis driven flat out over the most challenging roads in Europe. My bet is "no." He figured out a way to rapidly-not-DNF and he got podium!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123