MC GP: Now we're talking!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MC GP: Now we're talking! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally, we've got ourselves a GP! Even at MC, a circuit that would not be on the calendar if it ...

I Support ClubWRX

MC GP: Now we're talking!

Finally, we've got ourselves a GP! Even at MC, a circuit that would not be on the calendar if it were not, well, MC -- a circuit where passing is considered almost impossible -- the GP was exciting and unpredictable. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this time 'round.

Frankly, it's good to see the series out of newer, less interesting and less historic Asian venues and back to locales that have hosted GsP for generations. Every bend on this circuit is known by name worldwide, even by fans that have never stepped foot in MC and never will. It's also good to see rain come and go, mixing things up a bit. Hamilton won, but that matters less to me than seeing him hit the wall. Raikkonen, Masa, Alonso, Piquet... they all made mistakes -- I had a grand ol' time watching the GP because of that alone! It's about time!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It was an exciting gp even if it was a bit frustrating to watch fro a Ferrari perspective.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    If a tifoso is a bit frustrated, imagine how Sutil must feel. He was having the GP of his life before he ended up with a Ferrari in his lap. Still, it's not that bad all things considered. Raikkonen showed IMO tremendous skill in keeping it off the armco, going full lock end to end about four times while the car vectored straight. Both Ferraris were quick, and both are likely to be a touch quicker than the McLaren's in the next few venues IMO.

How about Kubica though, eh? Great drive! Or Rosberg!
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If a tifoso is a bit frustrated, imagine how Sutil must feel. He was having the GP of his life before he ended up with a Ferrari in his lap. Still, it's not that bad all things considered. Raikkonen showed IMO tremendous skill in keeping it off the armco, going full lock end to end about four times while the car vectored straight. Both Ferraris were quick, and both are likely to be a touch quicker than the McLaren's in the next few venues IMO.

How about Kubica though, eh? Great drive! Or Rosberg!
    Yeah I felt bad for Sutil. I can't imagine how frustrating that would be.

I found it funny that Piquet got his dry tires on "just like Alonso" and wrecked within a few minutes.

Raikonen wasn't so quick, even when he wasn't busting nose cones. I got the Ferrari press release email I thought maybe he'd give some explanation (or excuse) but all he did was apologize about Sutil, and say it was hard race.

Definitely a good drive by Kubica.

Even Vettel managed 5th!
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless I'm mistaken, Honda got a point this weekend. That is IMO staggering (and I'm not anti-Honda; I own one and think they're a great company -- they just can't build an F1 car to save their lives).

Yeah Barichello scored 3 points in 6th place. Amazing!
    FORZA FERRARI

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.