Stage 2 Wrx Average 1/4 Mile Times!!!!!!! - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Wrx Average 1/4 Mile Times!!!!!!! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So the first thing is launching and second is shifting that I need to improve. So, what my dyno plot ...

So the first thing is launching and second is shifting that I need to improve.

So, what my dyno plot show peak HP at 6.2k rpm and peak torque at 5.2k rpm. So should I shift at redline or 6.2k rpm or 5.2k rpm?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadeking View Post
    So the first thing is launching and second is shifting that I need to improve.

So, what my dyno plot show peak HP at 6.2k rpm and peak torque at 5.2k rpm. So should I shift at redline or 6.2k rpm or 5.2k rpm?
    You want to launch and shift where your powerband is.... where your torque drops and hp takes over...somewhere in that range. I always launched at roughly 5000rpm... do you you have a boost gauge? That's something to consider...try launching at 5 or 6psi, if you can hold the boost there before you launch. Having good tires really helps too. You can have all the mods in the world but if your tires aren't gripping, your 60ft and launch will suck. My friend has an 06 (290+whp) that runs 13.6s but his tires suck. If he had some decent summer tires, he might be faster. He has great 60ft times though.

But anyways, I ran a best of 14.6 in my Stage 2. That's probably 13.6 at sea level.

Our altitude sucks up here. When we race, the DA (density altitude) is right around 8000ft usually. That sucks. So when a big 6000lb diesel truck here runs 11s, you know that's freaking quick!

I raced yesterday at Bandimere and I did 13.79s @99.17mph. So far that's a best run. Just curious how fast other guys with 279hp/251tq run though, just want to compare.

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    I raced yesterday at Bandimere and I did 13.79s @99.17mph. So far that's a best run. Just curious how fast other guys with 279hp/251tq run though, just want to compare.
    Make a new thread for it. This thread is for Stage II.

Better numbers btw.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Wrinklechops
    Yea, what 20WRX said... those are NOT Stage II power numbers lol. I don't know a Stage II WRX on this planet who could run 13.7 at Bandimere. My best time ever there was a 14.6 - hung with an light modded Evo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    Hey every one im going to sacramento raceway 2 morrow, for there wed night drag night. i just wanted to see wat are some common times to run the 1/4. with the cobb stage 2, i have a full 3 inch turbo exhaust, with 1 high flow cat. here is a list of my parts, downpipe bellmouth, flex uppipe, 160 thermostat, k+n drop in filter. Flashed to stage 2 cobb. what should i expect to run with this setup. I have drag raced before but i am by no means an expert. at it.
    sorry but in my opinion cobb port is a waste... my 04 WRX with top mount intercooler up/down pipe and turbo back exhast with access port tune ran a 12.78 at 108.96 last night i was happy with that

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Yea, what 20WRX said... those are NOT Stage II power numbers lol. I don't know a Stage II WRX on this planet who could run 13.7 at Bandimere. My best time ever there was a 14.6 - hung with an light modded Evo
    dont know where you've been but ive seen a stage 2 WRX run a 13.1 before

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by justinfigle View Post
    dont know where you've been but ive seen a stage 2 WRX run a 13.1 before
    Key word: Bandimere. We're near 6000ft elevation here. Come try to run a 13.1 here and see how you do.

check sig. 02 wrx NOT TUNED, 14lbs boost, SPT intake, Turbo XS Up-Pipe
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxlaunch View Post
    check sig. 02 wrx NOT TUNED, 14lbs boost, SPT intake, Turbo XS Up-Pipe
    You should get that tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    You should get that tuned
    mos def. turbo xs 4" dp and the rest of the exhaust and i'll have new #'s up launching at 4.5k.

285whp and 300WTQ.

Wrinklechops
    mos def. turbo xs 4" dp and the rest of the exhaust and i'll have new #'s up launching at 4.5k.
    See if you can get into Opensource stuff, get yourself some Launch Control. Set it at 4500-5000. Let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by justinfigle View Post
    sorry but in my opinion cobb port is a waste... my 04 WRX with top mount intercooler up/down pipe and turbo back exhast with access port tune ran a 12.78 at 108.96 last night i was happy with that
    did you have a Catchup Button in this mix? or turbo upgrade?
    MPH seems a bit high for stock turbo

285whp and 300WTQ.

Banned
    did you have a Catchup Button in this mix? or turbo upgrade?
    MPH seems a bit high for stock turbo
    stock turbo... stock block.. .stock trans... stage one OEM clutch. i listed all my mods

Thumbs up Yes he wasnt liying

That pic of my Chevelle was the first 7 second 3450lb street leagal Chevelle SS.....its was in memphis beofre a legit 25 mile drive then 1 hour to staging lanes to qualify and it went nuber1 with a 7.80 and was the fastest pass of the race....here are a few more with pics of rick and me and a few others...the car did run 7,teens later in the ninties

Me....6.20 235MPH is as fast as I have gone and it was still to damn slow...oh and Ricks Bettle the fastest it ever went was when i drove it and I bent the Stinger pipe pulling the wheels off the ground and bent it...yes almost stock bugs will jerk the wheels off the ground if you can drive...lolol

Oh and a few other of my rides of past....i think i may even try to add a you tube link....2 or 4 wheels I will drive it like i stole it....Oh yes my Low Rider is a Busa eater...2 cyl. are all you need on a Bike....ok the turbo helps too
    Sorry i could upload a good burn out from you tube.....look it up just type johny barb and crank up the speakers.....Whos John Force anyway? LOLOL There is a pic of Force setting in that Chevelle somewhere also......I love what you all do with your Scubbys

Oh and the fastest on 2 wheels i had my low rider up to 173 with a digtal dyno correct speedo..yes i am stupid and i had a 94 Sussy750 with a 1100 in the frame and the only thing you had to know was the fair cut out and it was a bit top heavy but 198 on the street with it...the slowest I have been 23 seconds in the 1/4 and have just as much fun going slow as fast...as long as your doing it thats all that matters...its like sex the worst I ever had was wounderful.....oh sorry if the spelling is screwed up I lost the books and dated the English teacher...ADHD and Dyslexia screws you up at 52.....didnt have a name for it when i was a pup...LOLOL

Keep up the great work on the Scubbys...if you want some N2O advice ask me.......i will help you get the most with the least.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG.jpg   IMG_0004.jpg   IMG_0005_NEW.jpg   IMG_0006_NEW.jpg   IMG_0002.jpg  

IMG_0001_NEW.jpg   IMG_0005.jpg  
    Last edited by Racer704; 02-11-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: stupid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.