ES GP: More contenders

This is a discussion on ES GP: More contenders within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I'm watching the Q session, I'm amazed at Alonso's Q3 P2 performance. Assuming the equipment isn't quite up to ...

I Support ClubWRX

ES GP: More contenders

As I'm watching the Q session, I'm amazed at Alonso's Q3 P2 performance. Assuming the equipment isn't quite up to Ferrari/McLaren standards (not to mention it may not be up to Sauber standards) that was an amazing lap from Alonso.

Getting a Renault to within .091 of Riakkonen and faster than Massa is a great accomplishment, and Alonso can fight during a GP so he'll not be easy to get around for those behind him. Plus, he's shown patience and restraint, so he may be able to take advantage of any mishaps Raikkonen might have. We'll see.

It's sad to hear about Super Aguri. Money problems are always a show stopper and they were a great team to watch (when they weren't causing problems by being in the way, but that was two years ago now).

I was underwhelmed by the BMWs, I hope they shave some time during the GP.

The other big news IMO is Kovalainen. He's the real deal, every bit as capable of a great GP as (gasp!...) Hamilton. This may make Hamilton look less divine this year, but it's the truth and it's life. I'm glad Renault let him go, he'll have a better future IMO at McLaren.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    The race is 05:00 PDT, not very convenient for us west coasters. And SPEED isn't replaying it at a more sensible hour on Sun morning like they normally do. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be tired on Sunday.

I Support ClubWRX
    I know, it's not sensible timing on their part. I DVR the stuff and I recommend considering it. Any sort of setup will do -- HTPC-based, TiVo, Dish DVR, whatever. They're all good. I've not watched live TV in recent memory, and I've not seen a commercial in recent memory either. Completely changes the way one watches TV.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just finished watching the GP.

Kovalainen's off was not pretty to watch. It's amazing how safe the cars actually are -- even though he went into the tyre wall, that was still basically a face-first, flat-out exit. Luckily he didn't hit a hard barrier or there would have been some mourning to do.

Things were boring up front, and I bet the locals went out for coffee after Alonso retired. His Renault did look great compared to the previous grands prix though, so hopefully he'll sort the car and fight with Ferrari. McLaren could use some work to be absolute tops, but they're still in the battle so that's good.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    good race, these cars are darn safe..

I hate alonso but i wouldn't mind him getting in it with kimi and Hamilton, all in all i think the changes made this season were good.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

DUB
    Missed it. Stupid SPEED.