OMG, I drove the Nürburgring!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on OMG, I drove the Nürburgring!!! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I decided to take a backpack through Europe. On this trip, I couldn´t pass up the chance to drive ...

OMG, I drove the Nürburgring!!!

So, I decided to take a backpack through Europe. On this trip, I couldn´t pass up the chance to drive the Nürburgring. It cost me 350 dollars to rent an Alfa Romeo for 2 hours, then another 110 dollars in tickets and about 30 dollars in gas. It was worth it. I got 4 laps around the track before I ran out of money. lol
    Oh my god, I can´t describe how amazing it was. But, if any of you guys get a chance to come to Germany....do it.
    I think the hours of driving Nürburgring on Gran Turismo payed off

Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    So, I decided to take a backpack through Europe. On this trip, I couldn´t pass up the chance to drive the Nürburgring. It cost me 350 dollars to rent an Alfa Romeo for 2 hours, then another 110 dollars in tickets and about 30 dollars in gas. It was worth it. I got 4 laps around the track before I ran out of money. lol
    Oh my god, I can´t describe how amazing it was. But, if any of you guys get a chance to come to Germany....do it.
    I think the hours of driving Nürburgring on Gran Turismo payed off

Rob

Nice!!!

Did you beat the poop out of the Alfa or did you drive slow and take pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by njazwrx
    is that after he attempts to rape my dead corpse?

Holy poo on a stick...

I would give a ball to do that...

Oh man, there was no way for me to take pictures while I was driving. It really took a lot of effort to stay on the right line. You're coming at hte corners at like 60 to 80 mph, so if you screw up, it's your ass. But, I did get some pictures and a video while another guy was driving. He had semi racing slicks on and was tossing all around the back seat I'll post the pictures up when I get back in the states. Should be another week.
    I highly recommend this to anyone that goes to Germany. This was, by far, the coolest thing I've done in a long time.

Rob

Wow, amazing.

PICS PICS PICS!

When will you be back in the states?
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

I know the feeling. I spent the last four years driving the ring. The ring is why i ended up getting an STI

Nice, Nurburgring is one of the ultimate tracks in the world. How did the alfa romeo perform?

a dream of mine is to take a 911 turbo around the ring. you were a step close to that dream and i apploud my friend.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

What a treat. Maybe I'll get a chance to do that when I'm around 65 1/2 (If I make it that far).
    07 WRX
    Stage 2

I went August 2006:

You may recognize that old German guy in the middle

We rented from rent-racecar.de:

Theo rocks - and he can almost keep up with Walter Röhrl's GT3 RS, in his TDI Golf In the wet, at least. Oh yeah, that track is slippery in the wet. DSC is a must if you are not Walter or Theo or Sabine.

I definitely recommend going if you swing by there

john

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtDyno View Post
    You may recognize that old German guy in the middle
    I certainly do!

IMO the best rallye driver in history, and formidable in anything with wheels. Did you get to chat?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

No, he was talking to a group of people, so we had to do the "excuse me, can we take a picture" and he replied "No problem" Once the picture was over we let him get back to his conversation. He was driving a 997 GT3 RS before they were out (I think) so he may have had bigger issues

I Support ClubWRX
    When I was a kid I saw him compete with/against Alen, Toivonen, Blomqvist, Salonen, and Mikkola. I remember people saying he's the best of the lot, if not the best ever, but I never quite "got" why until a bit later when I was old enough to notice that he adapted to anything, on any surface, anywhere, and that he never "overdrove" anything. He drove everything to its limit but every move was efficient, calculated... and he'd be g o n e. He's amazing.

PS If that were me in the photo, I'd have it blown up and fight tooth and nail to place it in the living room... I'd probably lose the argument, but I'd fight.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 05-07-2008 at 11:35 AM.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

It's going to happen - I need to get it framed with this:

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice! Good luck, hope it happens for you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.