RALLYCROSS Near PITTSBURGH
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on RALLYCROSS Near PITTSBURGH within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys just looking to see if anyone knew of any rallycrosses near pittsburgh....

RALLYCROSS Near PITTSBURGH

Hey guys just looking to see if anyone knew of any rallycrosses near pittsburgh.
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Funny you should ask that. BeaveRun (BeaveRun Motorsports Complex) used to do a rallycross day on 1 Sunday out of the month in the summer. At most they would get 3-4 cars when I went.

I have a track day scheduled for next month there and while on the phone with them I asked about rallycross. Apparently they are not doing it anymore due to lack of interest. I mentioned that I could probally "drum up" some interest from various Subaru forums. She said if we could get a group to do it and do it regularly that there's a possibility they would bring it back...

Maybe we should start a list of people interested.

Feel free to message me for more details.

yeah that would be sick so
    now anyone interested in rallycross who would attend post here - so we can get a group together - that would be really cool

how many people would we need do you know nightshade?

I have a friend with a legacy would would probably be interested
    Last edited by SubaruWRC; 04-23-2008 at 04:42 PM.
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

Rallycross

This is the 2nd year that they've had rally events at Smithton Hole. We have 10-20 guys that would come to a Beaver Run event. Smithton is about 40-45 minutes south of Pittsburgh at the JCT of Route 51 and 70. Next event is June 22 You can check their website for photos and event schedule:

smithtonhole.com

Most of the info and changes to the schedule are here...and this is a good spot to post if Beaver gets it going.

TriSRC.com

The only other choice in the area is Summit Point raceway in WV. They are about 3 hours from the burgh...but well worth the drive. There next event is June 14th. Eastern Division Championships. Beaver Run has tried a few times but weather has always been a factor...hopefully they will get it rolling. With all of their land they could probably have a great set-up similar to Summit Point.
    Last edited by Pitcrew; 05-29-2008 at 08:16 AM.

unfortunately I am away for the 22nd and I think the 14th

Just post if you hear of any other rally crosses and anyone else feel free to post too.

Also just checking for rally cross I don't need to upgrade my car is that correct?
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

You can show up in a completely stock car and run--Upgrading your car is up to you. Both courses are fairly smooth. Winter tires are better than street tires if it is muddy...and a used set of rally tires is even better. Rally mudflaps and skidplates are nice if you want to be extra safe.

Smithton is small so they have 6 classes:
    FWD n/a
    FWD turbo
    AWD n/a
    AWD turbo
    RWD n/a
    RWD turbo

Summit is SCCA sanctioned...so they have fancy classes and rules to keep it competitive from stock to modified:

Stock FWD
    Prepared FWD
    Modified 2

Stock RWD
    Prepared RWD

Stock 4WD
    Prepared 4WD
    Modified 4

Smithton Rally-x Dates:

June 22nd, Sunday 1pm
    July 26th, Saturday 8pm
    August 16th, Saturday 8pm
    September 28th, Sunday 1pm
    October 18th, Saturday 8pm

Summit Point Rally-x Dates:

6/14/08 Rally #5
    9/13/08 Fall Driver's School
    9/14/08 RallyX #6
    10/12/08 RallyX #7

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.