Stpr 2008 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stpr 2008 within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Big news from Subaru Rally Team USA........ in a recent article on RallyAmerica.com, Ken Block 'traded' cars with rookie Dave ...

Big news from Subaru Rally Team USA........ in a recent article on RallyAmerica.com, Ken Block 'traded' cars with rookie Dave Mirra in May's Oregon Trail Rally. Dave drove Ken's Open Class STI and Ken drove Dave's non-turbo Impreza after both had fallen out of contention for championship points. Mirra actually finished third fastest on one stage in Block's Open Class STI. Mirra will use Block's Open Class STI once again at June's STPR in Wellsboro, PA and Block will debut the 2008 Open Class STI. Here's the link for those of you who want to check it out.

Rally America - Behind The Scenes
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats awesome news! Can't wait to see it in action.

I'll be at Stony Fork Camp. I forget my site number, but I am on the end away from the creek somewhere. I'll be in a blue WRX - black front lip and an Sti wing.

See you all there.
    And remember NO ALCOHOL during the rally or on state forest property (afterwards is fine), and please don't litter. These are the two biggest complaints from locals.
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

I'm also into photography!
    Check out my photos: My Flickr

yea i wasnt at the stage last year that got cancelled.... i was at the one after, where the cars started over an hour late, and the marshals didnt know/tell us why it was so delayed. i didnt find out about the shenanigans til after i got back to my camp. i hope this year everything goes smoothly. cant wait to experience my 2nd rally ever. GO KEN BLOCK!!!!!!!
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

Less than a week to go...GET EXCITED.

Looks like the weather won't be too bad. Lets hope for some rain in the morning to keep the dust down. I sure hope its cooler than they are forecasting ~85. In 6 years of going I have only seen blue sky once at STPR. I kind of like it better when it rains!
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    some light rain the night before to keep the dust down would be good
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

If I wake up one more year at 4 AM soaking wet and freezing cold I'm going to kill someone!!! I finally got a better tent though, lets hope the seams are sealed a bit better than the last one.

Is anyone else working the rally? I'll be working Friday night and as a corner marshall Saturday.
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

Im not working it... i thought about it but Id rather just do my own thing. i got some pretty good sightlines last year, esp at the subaru splash stage. Im hoping to catch a few diff stages this year. last year, we saw the first stage, subaru splash, and twelve to lebo in the evening and in the dark. not bad i guess for my first rally ever
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

Anyone know the location of the service in Germania? I am assuming it would be easy to find a huge field full of rally cars, but does anyone know for sure?
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    *nope but i do know fuel/service for me is at Dunkin Donuts in town(wellsbro)
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    *nope but i do know fuel/service for me is at Dunkin Donuts in town(wellsbro)
    The Dunkin Donuts is open 24/7 for a splash and dash. haha
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

breakfast at the Wellsboro Diner for me
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

well this will be my 28th year at the STPR. Can't wait for another good year. But it sucks that they arent having any night stages this year thanks to some drunks.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome BigTy damn 28th year for you thats quite some stpr history you've seen !
    "All We'll Drive"

Time to hit the road, see you all out there! Lets hope even with the new format its an exciting year. Such a shame the entry list is so small.
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    c u later , i be leaving early am sat to get to Dunkin Donuts for 8am ish refuel and chill at the BiLo and the green
    "All We'll Drive"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast