Gronholm makes a comeback ---to Euro Rallycross

This is a discussion on Gronholm makes a comeback ---to Euro Rallycross within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Having retired from the World Rally Championship at the end of last season, double champion Marcus Gronholm is to make ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Gronholm makes a comeback ---to Euro Rallycross

Having retired from the World Rally Championship at the end of last season, double champion Marcus Gronholm is to make a return to competitive action this season in the European Rallycross Championship.

Gronholm will join forces with Andreas Erkisson, who finished third in Division 1 of the series last year, in the Motor Sport Evolution team. Another star of the WRC, Henning Solberg, will join the pair for selected events.

While Eriksson will contest the entire European championship, Gronholm will take part in five or six events in a Fiesta but could take on more races during the year as well as some Nordic events.

"I am convinced that this will be an interesting experience," he said. "The engine power is amazing and it will be exciting to see how well I can perform in the explosive, short races.

"I plan to participate in five or six European Championship events this year and then we'll have to see how things develop. I have thought about this for a long time and now it's time to try something new!

"During my short test-drive I was impressed by the 600 horsepower engine, but it's still hard to say anything about the driving characteristics since I have too little experience in rallycross."

Eriksson was quick to welcome Gronholm into the team and said the addition of the WRC star would only be positive for his team.

"I will drive in the entire European Championship series," he said, "but there are certainly drivers that would like to jump in and try the sport.

"With back-up from Marcus Gronholm, my European Championship chances will increase this year."

The team is currently working on putting together a third car for Stobart Ford driver Henning Solberg who admitted he was looking forward to competing in Rallycross once again for the fun of it rather than for the competitive element.

"It will be fun to get reacquainted with rallycross," he said. "I won the Nordic Championship in 1994 when the final was held in Finland. I will definitely compete in our Nordic European Championship events, perhaps not to participate in the races, but rather to give people exhibition rides when they drive with us in Momarken.

"Next year, the FIA World Rally Championship consists of twelve events, so maybe then I will try a little harder."

The new European season kicks off in Portugal on 2-4 May.

Crash.net

hope he has a great season
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"some stone, or something..."

Great news!
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

Hells yea. Hopefully I can find some torrents of the coverage.
    ~Selah

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    cool let us know if you do, would be cool if someone would air the series on cable over here !
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I looked on RU and couldn't find anything....
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingjibus View Post
    I looked on RU and couldn't find anything....

There's about 20 or so from the 07 season. Only one seeded, it's in-car highlights from 07. Grabbed it but haven't watched yet.
    ~Selah

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Rallycross website

Rallycross
    "All We'll Drive"

Here is a great place for rally torrents, this is where I get all of my coverage.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    Here is a great place for rally torrents, this is where I get all of my coverage.
    Thanks.

That site is worthless though. Takes them forever to post torrents after an event.
    ~Selah

Thanks.

That site is worthless though. Takes them forever to post torrents after an event.
    From what I have noticed is they are generally putting them up faster then last year
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current