AutoX helmet! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on AutoX helmet! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I picked up a Voyager SA from saferacer.com It has a tinted visor that I can run up, or down ...

I picked up a Voyager SA from saferacer.com It has a tinted visor that I can run up, or down depending on how bright it is going in and out from under the tree canopy.

As said, for track days some clubs right now only require an M rating, but a helmet is a 10 year investment.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor JnJassociates's Avatar
    I stumbled across this thread and though I would add some information...

M rated helmets are tested for single impact. SA rated helmets are tested for multiple impacts. Many M rated helemts do not come with fire retardant material on the inside of the helmet. SA rated helmets are tested and are designed to contain fire resistant materials...

This will explain more about the differences in rating and why the SA are priced higher... http://www.smf.org/

We almost always recommend a SA rated helmet. Why? It covers all the bases. A customer can go from Autocross to track days and beyond with SA rated helmet.

We offer both M rated and SA rated helmets. SA out sells M rated two to one for us. We don't even advertise the M rated helmets any more.

We prefer Bell/Pyrotect. We think they offer a great helmet at a good price. Other brands are just as good... As long as they are M or SA rated.

Open face/closed face is a preference. I use the same exact helmet as Big Sky. It is actually a rally helmet.

If we can help in any way, please feel free to email us at JnJAssoc@aol.com

Bryan

yeah I was looking at that one, just the newer model sr2 but if i could find an older one I would buy it thanks for the info
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JnJassociates View Post
    I use the same exact helmet as Big Sky. It is actually a rally helmet.

Bryan
    ahh that would explain the improved vision over a typical full face
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12