Teh Cone Dodgin' STX Wagon - Page 16
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on Teh Cone Dodgin' STX Wagon within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrx wagone I'll send it over tonight. midrivers email still good? yup...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    I'll send it over tonight. midrivers email still good?
    yup
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

JR I just wanna say well done again.

Very good year.

Cheers
    Greg
    2002 78STX

Quote Originally Posted by McCanixx View Post
    JR I just wanna say well done again.

Very good year.

Cheers
    Greg
    Thanks Greg, I really appreciate that. I had a blast running with you and Billy. I hope to see you guys next year.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

If your at the larger east coast events and nationals I'm sure you'll see us. Well I can't really speak for Billy...he may choose to do more real racing next year.

We should definetly have another pro at Toledo and with the potential of Nationals moving to concrete will probably do a tour as well.

Now wheter or not you see me in STX or a Subbie for that matter.........IDK.
    2002 78STX

Quote Originally Posted by McCanixx View Post
    We should definetly have another pro at Toledo and with the potential of Nationals moving to concrete will probably do a tour as well.

Now wheter or not you see me in STX or a Subbie for that matter.........IDK.
    I also need to congratulate you on your year. Extremely awesome job in both the Pro and the National.

I'm going to put the Toledo Pro on my list for next year.

Since I really just got the car dialed in this year and teh wife and I are looking to get a house this coming year, I'm going to stay in STX for at least another year. I'm probably going to get killed by the RX-8, but oh well, I'll just have to drive faster.

Local Event 10/12

This last event was a good amount of fun. Nationals events are over and the local stuff is really just for fun at this point. We have STX and STU run during the same heat, so I lined up with Corey Ridgick, Eric Simmons, and Adam Fuhs, all very fast guys. Good company always makes for better events. The four of us decided to have a friendly wager on the event. STX vs. STU in PAX. Me and Eric vs. Corey and Adam. Well, Adam now owes me $5. Honestly I didn't have a great event, but it wasn't too bad.

There was a totally awesome picture of me out on course taken at the event:

I Support ClubWRX
    nice pic

JR what pads are you running? Ferodo is no longer (at this juncture anyways) a option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    JR what pads are you running? Ferodo is no longer (at this juncture anyways) a option for me.
    Front: Hawk HP+
    Rear: Hawk HPS

I Support ClubWRX
    thanks- might have to give Hawk a go

So this Sunday our region is having a trial event at a new site, and hopefully we will get to continue running there next year. STU has turned into a bit of a battle royale with many top drivers in the area including a few nationally competitive one running at this event. This has prompted me to a ask a friend of mine with a prepped EVO 8 for a co-drive. So I will be driving an EVO this weekend. This is going to be cool.

Citizen's Bank Park Event

WOW! What a great time. The STU battle royale definitely delivered as billed. The talent in this class was absolutely amazing. I'd also like to say that I loved every single minute of driving an EVO. That car is an absolutely joy to drive. Having a twin scroll turbo essentially bolted to the cylinder head really makes this thing spool like crazy. The boost hits fast and real hard. It is so much of a different feeling from my WRX. Also, the handling and dynamics of the car is much different than a Subaru as the motor isn't hanging out in front of the front axle. If it weren't for the ****y interior and my lack of spare fundage, I'd pick up an EVO IX in a heartbeat.

Again, the competition was nothing short of amazing. The top 9 spots were separated by ~1.2 sec. with many running in a car for the first time.

Video from my fastest (raw) time:
    YouTube - Philly SCCA - CBP fastest raw time - JR

Some shots:

Well overdue update...

11/9 Boeing

This is a smaller event for us, but it is usually very relaxed and fun. This event was more of the same. I was running very well throughout the day and was finally that goddamn little white civic as the new owner Eric Simmons couldn't quite get a quality clean run. Meanwhile STU was flying as usual. Basicially is was a good day to have AWD on street tires. Top times for STU were about 27.3 sec. on this course and I'm sitting on a 27.9.

As were heading up for the final run, I'm listening to the radio to see if Eric is going to pull something out on his final run. A 27.6! Damn it, he does! Arrggg, now I'm going to have really throw something down. I rev the thing up at the line and dump the clutch, and I'm off! On this run I made sure to hit all my marks on stay right on the line. This worked very well as it allowed me to controll my speed going into the tight corners and get on the throttle WAY early in the corners so I could have the turbo fully cranked up coming out. This gave me SO much speed on the "straights" that I was able with just a little cone wiggle to grab a 27.5 and also take PAX for the day!

w00t! Results: 2008 Otto's Mini Summer Series Philadelphia Region SCCA AutoX -- Summer Event #13

Winter Suspension!

Last weekend I pulled out my coilovers and installed my winter suspension, which now consists of JDM STi wagon struts!

About a year and a half ago I found someone on Nasioc selling a set of used JDM STi wagon struts for $150. They were pretty well used, so I decided to have them sand blasted and refinished. I also figured the dampers were pretty beat so I decided to freshen them up with a set of 20k used '05 USDM STi struts. How do you do this?

'04 STi rear strut repacking (part 1) - ScoobyMods

So with my freshly regreased JDM strut bodies, some '05 STi dampers, and my USDM STi take off springs, I assembled everything and the car looks great. I do miss my coilovers a bit, but now I'm ready to run over some snow.

I Support ClubWRX
    good find and re-furbish on the struts

congrats on the top PAX- wish we had events in November (and December, January, February and March )

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    congrats on the top PAX- wish we had events in November (and December, January, February and March )
    Thanks. I'm currently putting some final touches on our Winter Series. I'm hoping for a snow cross!