Subaru Warns Against 2WD Future ! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Subaru Warns Against 2WD Future ! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Meh. As long as they don't go fwd or na....

Meh. As long as they don't go fwd or na.
    ~Selah

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND6aoEPLxYU

Although RWD can be more spectacular, as long as people can relate to the cars they see on the stages I think rallying will continue to be popular and fun.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND6aoEPLxYU

Although RWD can be more spectacular, as long as people can relate to the cars they see on the stages I think rallying will continue to be popular and fun.
    Exactly, we need more rwd turbo 4cyl coupes on the market. Hopefully new rules and homologation can snag at least one such vehicle for the US market.
    ~Selah

Banned
    I'm kinda hoping this ends up in a compromise. The AWD systems of today's top WRC cars are damn near as complex as the inner workings of the female human brain at this point. If they made the teams stick to what the road going cars are rocking (mmmmm, homologation), I think we'd get better road cars and more interest in the WRC. Am I wrong?

Otherwise, leave it the F alone. The sport is not in that great of a shape as it is.

Edit: Remember when racing pushed the development of new technology in the auto industry? Now we have to take another step backwards??

2wd should be allowed but have its own class. maybe replace the production class with 2wd class, because very little attention is given to the production class when you have the same cars with more horsepower in the main event.

I dont believe Subaru will lose their rally heritage or legacy. Subaru has earned its spot as arguably the best manufacturer for rally cars. that is something that can never be taken away, even if rally itself disappears. subaru will just have to adjust or move on. i think its a poor move by the WRC to ban AWD vehicles but that is their decision and we will all have to live with it.

LONG LIVE SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM AND SUBARU RALLY TEAM USA
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.