Need Help Guys! rally questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need Help Guys! rally questions within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I really really really want to get into rallyX or rallying. I live in the mountains of sunny California and ...

Unhappy Need Help Guys! rally questions

I really really really want to get into rallyX or rallying. I live in the mountains of sunny California and enjoy timing dirt road runs up in the hills and in the snow.
    But, I really want to get into a competition with some real rallying or rallyX stuff but i'm totally clueless as to what's going on.
    I tried searching for info but couldn't turn up much more than a schedule and results.

Can anyone tell me where and how I can register for these events?
    And does anyone know where there are some events in California?
    Is it open to everyone? or only sponsored drivers?

please help me out, I really want to get into rallying competitively.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
    Military Militia #2006 Blobeye Syndicate #2006
    My Blobeye now debadged pictures soon, hopefully / Did that der silencer delete that's like 30hp right,

thanks! second time looking through I found some info.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

Also check out this site:
    http://www.formularallyx.com/

Hey thanks!

Ok, I registered and looks like i'm gonna give rallyX a shot!

i'm super excited!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

Be prepared to break something. Not saying that its gonna be a disaster, but its easier on the soul when your prepared for it.
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

the local rally x are really cool to hang out. i never raced in them but used to just go to watch the locals and the people are really cool...usually without egos as it is a smaller core group. anyways have fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingjibus View Post
    Be prepared to break something. Not saying that its gonna be a disaster, but its easier on the soul when your prepared for it.
    Nothing I haven't experienced before probably. I already have a broken bumper, i've destroyed underpans before. (i'm still waiting to get some $$$ to have someone make me a new skid plate)

but what do you think is most likely to break?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflowmfg View Post
    but what do you think is most likely to break?
    Your bank.

As far as cost and safety for the car, the order is commuting, autox, rallyx. Real rallies are out of the question.

I'd not run my road car in a rallyx. I'd take the same buget money and buy another car, something small and FWD, and run that instead.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Your bank.

As far as cost and safety for the car, the order is commuting, autox, rallyx. Real rallies are out of the question.

I'd not run my road car in a rallyx. I'd take the same buget money and buy another car, something small and FWD, and run that instead.
    hmmm...well i'm just messing around in stock class for now. just some fun.

I plan on making my car a serious dedicated rally car later on, when career/money becomes more secure.
    But for now, i'm already doing rallying on dirty muddy snowy mountain roads. I'm just wanna take it to some easy going rallyX. looks simple, and looks relatively easy on the car...well compared to how I drive it around here at least.

But I don't do autoX. I would like to, but there's non nearby. plus I absolutely love rally and dirt and getting sideways.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.