06 STi Bog when shifting during race?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 STi Bog when shifting during race? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have an 06 STi with mods in sig, I didn't really notice any bog when I got the car ...

06 STi Bog when shifting during race?

I have an 06 STi with mods in sig, I didn't really notice any bog when I got the car back from installation but I babied it for a couple thousand miles before really getting on it.

When racing, after quick shifting there is a brief bog/stutter that is really annoying. Is this common? Are there any known fixes? I called my tuner but he wasn't available, but his assistant claims it's a result of the recirc air being dumped back in front of the turbo which stalls it for a sec... idk. Any help or shifting suggestions would be welcome.
    Put your bones on the line joust the Dragon on US 129!!!

Deadbolt 20g TD06H 8cm^2, 255lph Walbro, 750cc Deutchwerks injectors, 3 piece UD pulley set, K&N Typhoon, Cobb TBE, Cobb heat shield, one step colder plugs, dyno tuned.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

whens the last time u did spark plugs ?

does it only do it in cold weather ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Spark plugs were changed to iridium when mods installed about 5k miles ago, car has 15.7k miles on it now. NOt really sure about the cold but seems like I started noticing it in the fall so prbly below 60 degrees.

Deadbolt 20g TD06H 8cm^2, 255lph Walbro, 750cc Deutchwerks injectors, 3 piece UD pulley set, K&N Typhoon, Cobb TBE, Cobb heat shield, one step colder plugs, dyno tuned.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    well, i personally dont do the whole uber racing quick shifting etc etc. but i know when my dad/brother/and i go out to have some fun with my car, whenever they shift like that the car doesnt necessarily "bog" but its not like super smooth shifting or anything. i cant realy explain it but i know what you mean.

cliff notes, i think its normal haha

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    this is caused by failure to revmatch the upshifts,

learn to revmatch those upshifts for smooth acceleration.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Banned
    im guessing u had a fwd car before this. my guess for the reason of the bog is because its 4wd, so the wheels dont spin in second, therefor causing it to bog.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    well, i personally dont do the whole uber racing quick shifting etc etc. but i know when my dad/brother/and i go out to have some fun with my car, whenever they shift like that the car doesnt necessarily "bog" but its not like super smooth shifting or anything. i cant realy explain it but i know what you mean.

cliff notes, i think its normal haha
    Right; bog may not be the most accurate description, it's just not a smooth transition of power.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    this is caused by failure to revmatch the upshifts,

learn to revmatch those upshifts for smooth acceleration.
    This sounds very likely to be the culprit. I am giving it gas as I let the clutch out but maybe not enough. It almost feels like there is no boost there for a fraction of second and then it comes back full on. From first to second, it is a much smoother transition and the car accelerates as the clutch is let out rather than bobble.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex View Post
    im guessing u had a fwd car before this. my guess for the reason of the bog is because its 4wd, so the wheels dont spin in second, therefor causing it to bog.
    Nah, had a rwd T/A LS1 still a big difference in feel.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby-06 View Post

This sounds very likely to be the culprit. I am giving it gas as I let the clutch out but maybe not enough. It almost feels like there is no boost there for a fraction of second and then it comes back full on. From first to second, it is a much smoother transition and the car accelerates as the clutch is let out rather than bobble.
    wait a moment before getting back on the gas when the clutch is disengaged, the rpms will have a chance to fall slightly before you get back on the power
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.