04 STi Vs 07 350Z
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 STi Vs 07 350Z within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, im just curious about these two cars in terms of high speed racing. On a closed road course ...

04 STi Vs 07 350Z

Hey guys, im just curious about these two cars in terms of high speed racing. On a closed road course of course. I know the STi will dominate the Z from a Dig, but im curious as to what will happen when both cars are speeding down the road at over 100 MPH, how do you think the STi will perform compared to the Z. The Z dose weigh 200 lbs more but is more aerodynamic. Anybody have any self experience? Or maybe you might own both cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

EDIT: wait so your talking about a race from a 100mph roll? maybe the Z then.

Don't do it though unless its on a track.

STi would probably win in a 1/4 mile or on a track race though.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 02-24-2008 at 02:34 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

no racing on public roads for me, definately not worth it. Im talking a race where speeds exceede 100 MPH, not just a 1/4mile, but when speeds can reach and excess of 140 mph. Will the STi keep up with the Z at those speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_montana87 View Post
    no racing on public roads for me, definately not worth it. Im talking a race where speeds exceede 100 MPH, not just a 1/4mile, but when speeds can reach and excess of 140 mph. Will the STi keep up with the Z at those speeds?
    Oh well I think the top speed is slightly higher on the Z, so a really high speed race might see the Z ahead but for most situations I'd probably go with the Sti.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Probably not. The drivetrain losses of AWD are going to hurt the STI.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

i was thinking that my self. I know that the STi sucks at high speeds. What mods would be needed to make the STi out perform the Z at speeds over 130mph/

i was thinking that my self. I know that the STi sucks at high speeds. What mods would be needed to make the STi out perform the Z at speeds over 130mph/
    You seem to be quite concerned with these high speeds...may i ask why?
    Most races such as at the track are over before they even see a speed like that. Are you trying to get the STi admitted to nascar? Once you start rolling at those speeds, your rolling on the fine line of wrecking you car, unless you have thousands invested in your car and know what your doing.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

bigger turbo? really confused at what you are trying to get at here.
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524
    "Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

really i didnt know i could not be able to reach those speeds on a road couse. I thought i could see an easy 140mph in some long streches. I could be wrong. The reason why i ask is because, i want to improve my cars weakest trait. Which is Top speed performance, and me and a friend are goin to be goin to a track and obviously i want to know what im up against.

well, i don't know which track you are going to, but it is going to be hard for your sti and a z to be hitting 140mph. i mean will it really matter if you hit 140mph for like 2-3 seconds on a straight? just my .02
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524
    "Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_montana87
    really i didnt know i could not be able to reach those speeds on a road couse.
    You'll need some safety equipment to reach those speeds on a road course (harness, roll cage, helmet, fire extinguisher, etc.). I heard that Watkins Glen (NASCAR holds an event there each year) will have track days, where they limit you to something like 70mph (don't quote me on this exact number) if your car is stock.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

not saying street racing is legal or right but my friend and i wanted to see what our cars can do.. hes got an 04 350Z turboed and i have an 04 sti with FP green.. on the highway we stayed damn even from a 40roll all the way to 165 where his engine cut and then 171 where i let off i do not have a fuel cut anymore so thats risking the engine all itself.....ON the track in a 1/4 mile i took him 12.4@115 to 12.6@109 close race and on the track 1:15.223 i had him he ran a 1:22.341.. so in road racing and drag you got him. on the run highway its close id say even or youd beat him if its not turboed.... my 2 cents

Registered User tintperformance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    You seem to be quite concerned with these high speeds...may i ask why?
    Most races such as at the track are over before they even see a speed like that. Are you trying to get the STi admitted to nascar? Once you start rolling at those speeds, your rolling on the fine line of wrecking you car, unless you have thousands invested in your car and know what your doing.
    Well considering that it's a turbo charged car, it's gonna get to 100 pretty quick.. i would also like to know what to do to the STI, to make not lose too much high end power.

if you want more power up on top, throw out the stock turbo and get something bigger. i.e. fp green/red, dominator 3 etc. ( nothing satisfies topend like a bigger turbo )
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524

Registered User tintperformance's Avatar

yea

Quote Originally Posted by SuBiEklD View Post
    if you want more power up on top, throw out the stock turbo and get something bigger. i.e. fp green/red, dominator 3 etc. ( nothing satisfies topend like a bigger turbo )
    ok bigger turbo, sounds like fun.. so if i get the bigger turbo would i have to forge the internals or replace anything on my motor so that my car can support that kind of power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast