Autoxers- read this!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Autoxers- read this! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The new FastTrack is out and there are some sweeping changes being proposed (these are proposals at his point- decisions ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Autoxers- read this!

The new FastTrack is out and there are some sweeping changes being proposed (these are proposals at his point- decisions to made on member feedback)- many of them directly impact Imprezas

send your comments to seb@scca.com be sure to include your name and SCCA number- if you don't get a log/confirmation number in a week- send it again - thanks

STOCK

• The SEB approved the addition of Pat Salerno to the SAC.
    • The following rule change proposal has been provided by the SAC and is being published for member comment:
    o Add to 13.9 as follows: “Additional battery hold-down hardware may be added. It may serve no other purpose.” (ref.
    07-397)

STREET TOURING

• The SEB approved the addition of Pat Washburn to the STAC.
    • The following listing change proposal has been provided by the STAC and is being published for member feedback: Add the
    BMW E46 M3 to class STU. (ref. 07-001)
    • The following rule change proposals have been provided by the STAC and are being published for member feedback:
    o Remove the word “single” from 14.12.3 in class STX. Note: this will allow any forced-induction configuration.
    o Change 14.12.4 such that the maximum tire size is 265 and the maximum rim width is 9.0 inches, for 2WD (FWD
    or RWD) only.

STREET PREPARED

• The SPAC is seeking member feedback on the following classing change proposals:
    o Move from BSP to ASP, Subaru WRX STi and Mitsubishi Evo.
    o Move from ASP to BSP, on a separate line from other models: BMW M Coupe, M Roadster, and Z3 (6-cyl) (ref. 07-
    448)
    o Move from DSP to FSP, on separate line, Toyota Corolla GTS AE86 (’85-‘87 RWD) and add line in FSP for Toyota
    Corolla GTS AE92 (’90-’91 FWD)
    o In FSP, add a listing for Toyota Echo (‘99-‘05) and Scion xA (‘04-‘06) on one line. (ref. 07-411)

STREET MODIFIED

• The following rule change proposals have been provided by the SMAC and are being published for member comment:
    o Replace 16.1.I with: “Front hoods, engine covers, trunk lids and hatches not containing glass, front fenders, rear
    fenders not part of chassis structure (unibody), front & rear facias, and side skirts may be modified or replaced,
    and may be attached with removable fasteners. Associated hardware including latches, hinges, and window washer
    nozzles may be modified, removed, or replaced. This does not permit removal of the remainder of the window
    washer system. Fenders may be flared as per Street Prepared. Non-metallic fender liners may be modified,
    replaced, or removed.” Note: This proposal is intended to allow less expensive and more readily available ways for
    cars to achieve their calculated minimum weight.
    o Add to 16.2: “Cars running tires with a rated width of 275 or less on all four wheels may compete at a minimum
    weight 200 pounds less than their calculated weight per Appendix A. “
    o In Appendix A, STREET MODIFIED CATEGORY, change subsection 3 to read (change shown in italics): “…These units
    will be classified on the basis of a piston displacement equivalent to 0.9 liters times the number of rotors, plus the
    volume determined by…”
    o Add new subsection in 16.1 as follows: “OE side mirrors may be replaced by aftermarket units, provided they mount
    in the same location, perform the same function as the OE mirrors, and have a reflective surface area greater than
    15 sq. inches.”
    o Change the AWD displacement factor in both SM and SM2 from +275 lbs/liter to +325 lbs/liter.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow. So in this change, can we rename STX to "M3 class"?

I'm not sure it matters if we allow dual turbo's, does it?

As for 265 Rubber, can you fit that on any impreza? Sounds like another push to get the M3 to the top of STX and STU.

If this goes through, I just spent untold(to my wife) monies on prepping my car for STX for no reason.

My email will be going out today.

-Chip

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NDGeist View Post
    Wow. So in this change, can we rename STX to "M3 class"?

I'm not sure it matters if we allow dual turbo's, does it?

As for 265 Rubber, can you fit that on any impreza? Sounds like another push to get the M3 to the top of STX and STU.

If this goes through, I just spent untold(to my wife) monies on prepping my car for STX for no reason.

My email will be going out today.

-Chip
    dual turbos I'm fine w/ (hopefully they just class them correctly ie STX vs STU)

265 could probably be fit to STX Imprezas, but it is only allowed for FWD and RWD- they specifically EXCLUDE AWD- this is to penalize AWD cars

might worth nothing at last years championship BMW's claimed five of the nine trophy spots- that doesn't sound like a platform that needs additional help

E36 M3 is still on the exclusion list (although it was talked about lifting that- thankfully this didn't get through)- the BMW's competing in STX are "normal" 3 series and a few E30 M3's

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    dual turbos I'm fine w/ (hopefully they just class them correctly ie STX vs STU)
    I'd imagine that this is being done to allow the new 335i into ST*.

265 could probably be fit to STX Imprezas, but it is only allowed for FWD and RWD- they specifically EXCLUDE AWD- this is to penalize AWD cars
    ST* is specifically designed to limit the class by tires. You have x amount of tire to work with, do what you can. The cars that do well in this arrangement are light cars (Civic Si in STS) or cars that make better use of the available traction (b00st buggies in STX/U). I see this as a good way to balance the class and allow more diverse competition. I think will help the ST* classes grow as there will now be more competitive cars for people to run. I'd imagine the SEB will then need to go to a model similar to Stock or Prepared classes.

might worth nothing at last years championship BMW's claimed five of the nine trophy spots- that doesn't sound like a platform that needs additional help
    They aren't currently competitive in ST* though.

E36 M3 is still on the exclusion list (although it was talked about lifting that- thankfully this didn't get through)- the BMW's competing in STX are "normal" 3 series and a few E30 M3's
    I honestly think they should let the E36 M3 into STX. As much as I do currently like it, the WRX is an overdog in class.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

So I guess all in all, BMW must be chewing on someone's ear over in Kansas.

I Support ClubWRX
    JR claiming 5 (BMW's) of the nine trophy spots- 2,3,6,7,8 in STX is not competitive?

how so?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    JR claiming 5 (BMW's) of the nine trophy spots- 2,3,6,7,8 in STX is not competitive?

how so?
    I agree it is not complete domination, the results are spread fairly well. I simply do not see that an E36 BMW is a match for the power and traction provided by a WRX. I also think that an E36 M3 with a 265 tire does have the ability to be an overdog, but I still think I have better tools with my WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    if ain't broke why fix it- if Chris wouldn't have been competing last year (and doesn't look like he will this year- in STX anyways) they would have 1 and 2 spots wrapped up- my point being they don't need any more help

Fine Mike, I'm just a sucker for a challenge.

I still want the SEB to let them in. More people for me to beat!

I Support ClubWRX
    oh they'll be there regardless It's just that I just soon not see them w/ 9" rims and 265 width tires

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.