PWRC: McRae's ex-partner links up with Pastrana.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PWRC: McRae's ex-partner links up with Pastrana. within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; FIA Production Car World Rally Championship runner Travis Pastrana will team up with Derek Ringer this weekend to contest the ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

PWRC: McRae's ex-partner links up with Pastrana.

FIA Production Car World Rally Championship runner Travis Pastrana will team up with Derek Ringer this weekend to contest the 100 Acre Wood Rally.

Ringer, who won the FIA World Rally Championship with the late Colin McRae in 1995, has said that while it is a one-off at this stage he hasn't ruled out doing additional events with Travis in the 2008 Rally America National Championship and the PWRC.

"I am looking forward expectantly to coming to the USA for this event with Travis and Subaru Rally Team USA. I met the team at the 2007 Wales Rally GB and was very impressed with the spirit within the team," said Ringer, who in addition to taking the WRC crown in 1995, also took the FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship honours in 1993 and the BRC title in 1991, 1992 and 1998.

"Travis is obviously an extremely talented competitor, and if after this initial event we decide to do more together, then I hope I can help him to reach his full potential.

"The impression I have is that the Rally America National Championship is moving forward in a very progressive manner and thus I am interested to experience this. It looks like it could be a lot of serious fun!"

Ringer's chance to work with Pastrana follows Christian Edstrom's decision to take a sabbatical from rallying in order to focus on his career and family life. Edstrom has been sat alongside Travis since the 24-year-old switched to competing on four-wheels.

"Partnering Travis has been fantastic. To go from our first rally together in a PGT [Production GT] car to placing 5th in the PWRC [Production World Rally Championship] round in Mexico [in 07] has been a dream come true for me. I will always be grateful to Travis, Subaru of America and Vermont SportsCar for the opportunity," said Edstrom.

"Though I'm sad to be leaving the co-driving seat, I've gotten to a point where I really need to focus on my career, and I felt that splitting my time between co-driving at this level and a professional career would have compromised my performance in both.

"I think Travis has found a great partner in Derek and I wish both of them, and the entire team the best of luck. The team is world-class, so I'm sure Derek will fit in from the very first moment."

Pastrana meanwhile while sad to have split with Edstrom, is looking forward to working with Ringer as he bids to win the RANC crown for the third year in succession.

"It should be very interesting to sit with Derek; from what I know of him he is very professional and has huge amounts of experience. It's an amazing opportunity for me," Travis concluded.

crash.net
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    back in 1995 when Subaru won the world championship and colin won the drivers championship here was SWRT's Team:
    Colin and Derek Ringer
    Carlos Sainz and Luis Moya
    Richard Burns and Robert Reid
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1995SWRT1.jpg  
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Man,what a team that was.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    Man,what a team that was.
    for sure
    "All We'll Drive"

I was wondering when travis was going to race in the big leagues - I think he will do well. Maybe win a stage for Subaru that would be nice to see
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

Chris Atkinson Won several Stages last year........

Do you mean Event?
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

I Support ClubWRX
    thoughts on Derek ringer vs. Nicky Grist? I think NG was much more smooth and calming in his notes delivery..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.