An interseting Nastysock thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on An interseting Nastysock thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; who cares , insurance is for insurance companies not the person who has it...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    who cares , insurance is for insurance companies not the person who has it
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HMM i doubt i need to be worried. Unless they have direct proof VIN, PLATE, etc...i doubt my insurance co would drop me. I mean i seached my name and from the results Ive raced in almost every state haha.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    who cares , insurance is for insurance companies not the person who has it
    I believe that the point is not that you're going to file a claim when something happens at an autox or track day, but the fact that you (as a driver) are dropped because you competed in said events with a car that is insured through them.

Risk of a claim doesn't go up, it should actually go DOWN because of what the events teach you.

If you're worried about crashing your car at a track, then there is TRACK INSURANCE. It's available and its out there, not sure of a company off hand, but a local member has seperate insurance for his Porsche Turbo for track days only and regular insurance for the street. I think he paid $20,000 for a year of coverage (unlimited track time) but that would pay off real quick the moment he stuffs it into the wall at 160mph.
    #478 E Street Prepared
    CIR/CCSCC/GASS series
    by Nukabe-CUSCO and TurboXS

BugEye Mafia, Made 12-18-07 (#159)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalseance View Post
    I believe that the point is not that you're going to file a claim when something happens at an autox or track day, but the fact that you (as a driver) are dropped because you competed in said events with a car that is insured through them.

Risk of a claim doesn't go up, it should actually go DOWN because of what the events teach you. The risk of damaging the insured car and driver increases when participating in such an event. Many people will, and do file claims with their own insurance carrier for damage done during a race day.

Participating in regular gunfights may help your aim, but puts you at a higher risk of getting shot. I'm sure your health insurance rates would go up if they knew you were going to do that.

If you're worried about crashing your car at a track, then there is TRACK INSURANCE. It's available and its out there, not sure of a company off hand, but a local member has seperate insurance for his Porsche Turbo for track days only and regular insurance for the street. I think he paid $20,000 for a year of coverage (unlimited track time) but that would pay off real quick the moment he stuffs it into the wall at 160mph.

The track's insurance isn't going to pay for the damage done to your vehicle. The track's insurance is there to cover the track, not you. Yes, you can purchase separate insurance to cover you and your car during track duty, but 99% of the people autoXing don't purchase it.

I have no worries about anybody Googling my name and finding anything. I share the name of the biggest spammer in internet history so there's not enough pages in Google search results to even get to me.

Plus I don't use my real name anywhere on the internet anyway.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    The track's insurance isn't going to pay for the damage done to your vehicle. The track's insurance is there to cover the track, not you. Yes, you can purchase separate insurance to cover you and your car during track duty, but 99&#37; of the people autoXing don't purchase it.
    Here's the difference, this isn't track insurance we don't race at a track we race in someone's parking lot or airfield. The SCCA insurance covers anyone who signs the waiver on the way into the event. SCCA members do get better coverage than non-members. Either way the insurance does cover bodily harm/death to competitors, course workers, and spectators upto $5 mil. IIRC. I will have to look if it covers personal property. It does cover site property.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Here's the difference, this isn't track insurance we don't race at a track we race in someone's parking lot or airfield. The SCCA insurance covers anyone who signs the waiver on the way into the event. SCCA members do get better coverage than non-members. Either way the insurance does cover bodily harm/death to competitors, course workers, and spectators upto $5 mil. IIRC. I will have to look if it covers personal property. It does cover site property.
    That's all they ever cover. They simply cover the track's (or parking lot's) ass.

They don't cover damage to personal property being used in the competition. If you lose control, mow down a crowd full of nun spectators and break off a light pole the track insurance will cover the nuns and light poles, but not your car. Good luck suing too, you signed a waiver.

If you miss the crowd full of spectators and simply take down the light pole, the track's insurance will cover the light pole, but not your car. That's when the average Joe calls his insurance to report a claim against his own collision to cover his "accident".

Those who think the track's insurance will cover their car are fooling themselves. If that were the case, we would simply file a claim with them every time we stuffed our modifieds in the fence and did 5k worth of damage.

For this reason, and the added risk of the insured driver's car being pushed to it's limits intentionally, the insurance company will either drop the insured, or hike the rates to compensate for the added risk.

It's just smart business by assessing risks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12