How Many Double Clutch When Heel-Toeing? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Do You Double Clutch When Heel-Toeing?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, not much harder and seems better for the car.

9 20.00%
  • No, its a waste of time and not that much better on synchros.

19 42.22%
  • Whats a clutch?... wheres the bewbies option?

17 37.78%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on How Many Double Clutch When Heel-Toeing? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by teflon_jones I used to have a really hard time heel/toeing since I also wear 15 wide shoes, ...

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I used to have a really hard time heel/toeing since I also wear 15 wide shoes, but then I started just putting my foot on both the gas and brake at once. Then I can rock my foot to either side and control both pedals at the same time. It took a little time to get used to, but now I can press all 3 pedals at once with ease.
    +1

I don't have really wide feet, I just can't turn my foot that way comfortably while driving. I can be really accurate with both my braking and throttle, much more that I ever could with my heel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

most deff i use the rock my foot over method (big feet, 13 kinda wide). ive been heel -toeing for about 2 years now, lots of track events and lots of street miles. i would say im pretty good at it. but i cant say that ive ever done an honest to god "doulbe clutch" i leave those to vin diesel its just not worth it in just about any car after like the 50's, snycros were all the rage a long time ago and that just about negated the "double clutch". those are my thoughts at least, not to mention i can heel-toe about 10 times faster than if i even go through the motions of a double clutch.... my heel-toes take less than a second start to finsh, practice makes perfect! i heel-toe every downshift regaurdless street or track.. and i have done that on every single downshift since ive had the car over a year now...lots of practice makes you smoother! have fun!

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234