How Many Double Clutch When Heel-Toeing? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Do You Double Clutch When Heel-Toeing?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, not much harder and seems better for the car.

9 20.00%
  • No, its a waste of time and not that much better on synchros.

19 42.22%
  • Whats a clutch?... wheres the bewbies option?

17 37.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on How Many Double Clutch When Heel-Toeing? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by teflon_jones I used to have a really hard time heel/toeing since I also wear 15 wide shoes, ...

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I used to have a really hard time heel/toeing since I also wear 15 wide shoes, but then I started just putting my foot on both the gas and brake at once. Then I can rock my foot to either side and control both pedals at the same time. It took a little time to get used to, but now I can press all 3 pedals at once with ease.
    +1

I don't have really wide feet, I just can't turn my foot that way comfortably while driving. I can be really accurate with both my braking and throttle, much more that I ever could with my heel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

most deff i use the rock my foot over method (big feet, 13 kinda wide). ive been heel -toeing for about 2 years now, lots of track events and lots of street miles. i would say im pretty good at it. but i cant say that ive ever done an honest to god "doulbe clutch" i leave those to vin diesel its just not worth it in just about any car after like the 50's, snycros were all the rage a long time ago and that just about negated the "double clutch". those are my thoughts at least, not to mention i can heel-toe about 10 times faster than if i even go through the motions of a double clutch.... my heel-toes take less than a second start to finsh, practice makes perfect! i heel-toe every downshift regaurdless street or track.. and i have done that on every single downshift since ive had the car over a year now...lots of practice makes you smoother! have fun!

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.