How Many Double Clutch When Heel-Toeing? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do You Double Clutch When Heel-Toeing?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, not much harder and seems better for the car.

9 20.00%
  • No, its a waste of time and not that much better on synchros.

19 42.22%
  • Whats a clutch?... wheres the bewbies option?

17 37.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on How Many Double Clutch When Heel-Toeing? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX these guys describe it better than I can http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving..._heeltoe.shtml Link saved. I have been ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    these guys describe it better than I can

http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving..._heeltoe.shtml
    Link saved.

I have been too chicken s**t to try this for real. The heel - toe portion is tough with a size 15 shoe.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

15! . ya you might have to do it bare foot. a good pair of smaller shoes that you get used to will really help. i'm partial to my vans slip-on's. They give great pedal feel and their smaller size will keep you from getting caught up on the carpet/center barrier. very good poor man's driving shoe.

It'll also help alot to press the brake pedal closer to the middle of your foot so you heel doesn't stick out as far. The right foot position on the brake is a great place to start.
    Last edited by 06PearlWRX; 12-30-2007 at 05:43 PM.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought a pair of wrestling shoes in 15 for autox. They are similar to driving shoes and are very compact in size with a flexible sole.

My shoe size followed my age from 9 - 15.

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I used to have a really hard time heel/toeing since I also wear 15 wide shoes, but then I started just putting my foot on both the gas and brake at once. Then I can rock my foot to either side and control both pedals at the same time. It took a little time to get used to, but now I can press all 3 pedals at once with ease.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I used to have a really hard time heel/toeing since I also wear 15 wide shoes, but then I started just putting my foot on both the gas and brake at once. Then I can rock my foot to either side and control both pedals at the same time. It took a little time to get used to, but now I can press all 3 pedals at once with ease.
    Another Yeti. Medium width here.

Try wrestling shoes. I got a pair of Adidas for $60. The increased feel / pedal feedback is a real plus. Piloti makes a 15 as well.
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Death To Ricers View Post
    "Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should..."
    I hope I don't get flamed but uhh.......Isn't it RETARDED To double clutch in a DRAG race? I mean i guess it depends on your tranny but.....I appeal to the learned.
    He grows so strong...he can kill our admins.

WRC > //////NASCAR

Bugeye Mafia #155
    Military Militia#187

i've heard some nonsense about people double clutching on upshifts by just letting the clutch out in neutral in between gears, not sure if they even tap the gas while in neutral. no idea why and makes no sense to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by SEALsmurfLax14 View Post
    I hope I don't get flamed but uhh.......Isn't it RETARDED To double clutch in a DRAG race? I mean i guess it depends on your tranny but.....I appeal to the learned.
    i don't see the point in double clutching in a drag race unless there is a steep hill on your track
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

I Support ClubWRX
    My transmission has synchros, so I just use them. Drive something without synchros and you'll understand what it's all about REALLY quick.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Link saved.

I have been too chicken s**t to try this for real. The heel - toe portion is tough with a size 15 shoe.

it is tough in a wrx with a size 15. Most people just cant sympothize with the pain of having freakishly large shoes. Im just gald our cars atleast have decent headroom.

I heel toe but do not double clutch.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Another Yeti. Medium width here.

Try wrestling shoes. I got a pair of Adidas for $60. The increased feel / pedal feedback is a real plus. Piloti makes a 15 as well.
    I prefer Bigfoot. Honestly, I've been driving cars with close together pedals for so long now that I have zero problem with the width of my shoes. But thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo52 View Post
    it is tough in a wrx with a size 15. Most people just cant sympothize with the pain of having freakishly large shoes. Im just gald our cars atleast have decent headroom.
    Unfortunately, not enough headroom for me! My wife bought me a helmet for Christmas so I could track my car, but unfortunately it only left me with about 1/2" of headroom so I had to return it. I'd prefer not to break my neck hitting a bump on the track at 100 MPH or something like that. There's one helmet company out there that I read gives you better clearance than anybody else (drawing a blank on the name at the moment), but their helmets are $700+ instead of the $300 the one my wife got me cost. So maybe next year I'll get one...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    always double clutch (guess I shouldn't say always, but damn near always ) after lots and lots of repetitions it becomes very second nature
    +1

but i voted for the wheres the bewbies option?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    My transmission has synchros, so I just use them.
    I agree. The synchros are much faster than my clutch leg. I do heel-toe on occasion.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.