what you guys think about this behavior? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on what you guys think about this behavior? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't know why everyone hates him so much. I personally think he's a awesome guy, and does great work. ...

I don't know why everyone hates him so much. I personally think he's a awesome guy, and does great work. Sure me might talk a little different being in his area but that doesn't make him a bad tuner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it just me, or are others really trying to figure out why this was posted, and what he really was asking and why.

ovah prahced gabaghe braaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Is it just me, or are others really trying to figure out why this was posted, and what he really was asking and why.
    I think the tuner should be example for others. The attitude and the respect for others on the track or street.
    Number one; he should be a mature and wise on track. Why? Because most of the young guys and racers one way or other, they do listen to they tuners. And watch them. That behavior can lead to problems ... wich i don't think anybody want to have on track or street.
    Hes attitude can lead to problems also at car meets. Wich is calmed down a last 2 years. I do not see that stupid "evo is killing you" or "my sti is eat you a live" guys lately. Yes it is still racing going out there but in the different tone, wich is cool.That is why we got the cars right? I have no problem at all, if somebody beats me on track.
    So i just want to know how the "otherside " is thinking about this behavior. That is all.Thanks for the responds.

/sorry for my english/

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey Rob,
    wass shakin "Bro"
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

and your engrish is just fine
    ~Selah

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    and your engrish is just fine
    thanks
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    Hey Rob,
    wass shakin "Bro"
    nothing yet.... i just start to get the parts for next year.
    so i will be up there sometimes in January. I hope i can see you.
    i miss that BBQ. When is the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by Robevo View Post
    I think the tuner should be example for others. The attitude and the respect for others on the track or street.
    Number one; he should be a mature and wise on track. Why? Because most of the young guys and racers one way or other, they do listen to they tuners. And watch them. That behavior can lead to problems ... wich i don't think anybody want to have on track or street.
    Hes attitude can lead to problems also at car meets. Wich is calmed down a last 2 years. I do not see that stupid "evo is killing you" or "my sti is eat you a live" guys lately. Yes it is still racing going out there but in the different tone, wich is cool.That is why we got the cars right? I have no problem at all, if somebody beats me on track.
    So i just want to know how the "otherside " is thinking about this behavior. That is all.Thanks for the responds.

/sorry for my english/
    +1 I've been driving around acting like an idiot for years(street racing) with friends and on my own and there are definitely less people saying stuff along the lines of "My car will destroy yours" and more people saying "I've done this, this, and this - you wanna run?" and people responding "I've done this, this, and this - sure, let's see what happens?" and yes, I'm paraphrasing greatly(or not so greatly).

Yes I agree that tuners have an effect on impressionable people. It would be nice if they served as better role models, but ultimately it's not a requirement. While there are tuners who are good people and great to be around, there are other tuners who suffer from complete social ineptitude. But those aspects of a tuners personality are completely independant of the quality of the tune.

However, personally - I'm not a fan of people that are hard to get along with. They don't get my time, or my money, and they certainly don't get my car.
    Last edited by Micah; 12-17-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: I just woke up, my eloquence does not exist currently
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Robevo View Post
    nothing yet.... i just start to get the parts for next year.
    so i will be up there sometimes in January. I hope i can see you.
    i miss that BBQ. When is the next one?
    whenever you want to meet just gimmie a call in advance
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 12-17-2007 at 02:19 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

The way I see it is that I cannot change anyones behavior. No matter if they are a tuner, owner, or a maker of parts. If I like the guy, I will do business with him, or hang around him. If I do not, there are lots of other people to go to. The guy seemed a little off for my style, but to each his own. I do not see just being a tuner all of a sudden puts a mantle on the guy where he has to be a role model for all things young. Everywhere you go in the world there will be cool people, easy going people and total morons. Deal with it.
    And nobody outruns me at the drag strip! EVER!!
    (Well, I get outrun all of the time. The last time was a few years ago. I ran into a pretty bad 6 second 57 Chevy.)

Thinking about PM'ing him this thread. . .

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    ummm...lets just let him stay over on nastysock...mk?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    DO IT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.