'09 & '10 WRC Calendar confirmed

This is a discussion on '09 & '10 WRC Calendar confirmed within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The FIA, the governing body of the World Rally Championship, has confirmed the calendars that will be adopted in 2009 ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post '09 & '10 WRC Calendar confirmed

The FIA, the governing body of the World Rally Championship, has confirmed the calendars that will be adopted in 2009 and 2010 following a meeting of the World Motor Sport Council on Friday in Monte Carlo.

As previously announced back in the summer, the schedule will be slashed to just twelve events per season from '09 - four less than has become the norm in recent years. In a bid to include new countries the WRC will also adopt a rotation system, with 24 different events taking place over the space of two years.

As part of this plan, it means the Rallye Monte Carlo will not be apart of the WRC in 2009, although it will return in 2010.

Rally Ireland has thus been given the honour of opening the 2009 season, while it will conclude with the Wales Rally GB.

Cyprus has also been given a slot for '09 - even though this year's candidate event didn't run exactly smoothly, while Poland will run a WRC event for he very first time. Other new events include rallies in Russia, Bulgaria and Indonesia, although these latter three are all pencilled in for 2010.

The full line-ups are as follows:
    2009 FIA World Rally Championship calendar

1 Feb Ireland
    15 Feb Norway
    15 Mar Cyprus
    5 Apr Portugal
    26 Apr Argentina
    24 May Italy
    14 Jun Greece
    28 Jun Poland NEW
    2 Aug Finland
    6 Sep Australia
    4 Oct Spain
    25 Oct GB

2010 FIA World Rally Championship calendar

24 Jan Monte Carlo
    14 Feb Sweden
    7 Mar Mexico
    11 Apr Jordan
    25 Apr Turkey
    16 May New Zealand
    20 Jun Indonesia NEW
    18 Jul Russia NEW
    8 Aug Bulgaria NEW
    22 Aug Germany
    12 Sep Japan
    10 Oct France

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/...tation_in.html
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No North America in the next three years? They're giving everyone else a shot. I don't think I'll see the day when i'm making hotel reservations in the US to see the WRC. But, i'll still watch.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

Last version I saw had Mexico for 08 in place of something (Australia?)

I'd think some of the real prestigious events like Monte, GB & Finland would run every year, but I guess not. Don't think that'll be too popular in those countries.