Drifting and Powersliding
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Drifting and Powersliding within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, i know this has probably been asked before, but what is the best way to drift and powerslide in ...

Drifting and Powersliding

Hey, i know this has probably been asked before, but what is the best way to drift and powerslide in an AWD car. I know how to do it in a RWD, and after the drift starts in an AWD i can do it, but what is the best way to induce the drift. I have heard that pulling the e-break is bad for the diff because it gets the wheels spinning at diffrent speeds. If u cant do it by pulling the break, how can u?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Its best not to do it at all, especially asphault.

Asphault=bad but either upset with ebrake or push real hard into a corner with lift off oversteer.

Sand or dirt or gravel is fun to do it on and a lot easier.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

rastafarian flick
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

plz elaborate...lol

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    awd is fun to drift in the snow not in the dry, dirt and gravel work too
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    rastafarian flick
    teach me
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

rastafarian flick because you'd need to be smoking something to think of performing a scandinavian flick on public roads with the AWD system designed to grip, grip, and more grip
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

rastafarian flick because you'd need to be smoking something to think of performing a scandinavian flick on public roads with the AWD system designed to grip, grip, and more grip

dude, i knew that there was a reason i have never heard of it before. the **** is funny. but seriously though, what if it was not on an open road, what would u seggest.

excellent demonstration

hmm.. on asphalt? If you want to kill yourself, perhaps.. you have to be going awfully fast to break loose on a dry road.

But if it I were to venture a guess, I'd say bad tires (think snow tires or stockers RE92s) + stiff rear sway bar + wet or snow covered, empty parking lot and you should be able to get some 4-wheel drift. A dirt field would be much more fun. Dry asphalt is just asking for trouble, IMO.

Like what 06wrx4me said: It'd be brake hard, turn, power lift-off to break the rear loose (using the clutch - want to keep revs up). When I've gotten all the rotation I can from the lift-off oversteer, I'd pop out clutch and continue with the turn.

E-brake is good for hairpin turns.. but the surface has to be slippy already. Unlikely to work on dry. The idea is to lock up the rears to break them loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwqmZ...eature=related

Like everyone says, don't e-brake on roads.. it's really only useful for hairpins and how many of those do you come across? Unlike WRC cars, our cars don't automatically disengage the rear power when applying the e-brake. Also, our e-brakes are drums, so are much weaker than theirs. Try it on dirt, though - it's fun. Remember to put your clutch in or it won't work.

I've used the e-brake on some slippy low-speed asphalt hairpins just for un but it's really rare to find an opportunity for it, and it's not dramatic. I might have a tiny bit of 4-wheel drift coming out of a corner, but nothing that requires countersteer, which is what I'm guessing you're after.
    Last edited by drtofu; 12-18-2007 at 12:53 PM.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

, i love the host's reaction, turns it right into a hiring opporitunity
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL at the Hamster: "I may have overcooked that a bit". LOL

You can do it on asphalt you just have to be going damn fast!

My neighbor was laughing at (with) me the other day because I did the Finnish Flick to get onto our street in a heavy snow storm and my son was in the passenger seat and (unbeknownst to me) he was waving his fist around in the air silently cheering. LOL.

BTW, the flick was poorly executed and slowed me way down (late for my date with the apex) but at least it was entertaining......
    Last edited by GV27; 12-18-2007 at 08:00 AM.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.