Drifting and Powersliding - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Drifting and Powersliding within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by desert2007 i looked at the 350z but i cant take having no backseat. And ive become attached ...

Quote Originally Posted by desert2007 View Post
    i looked at the 350z but i cant take having no backseat. And ive become attached to the subie, so if i have to deal with AWD oh well ill survive. One day there will be a way to do what i'd like to do.

Eric.
    The Infiniti G35 has a backseat. It's pretty much the same car. 9 inches longer wheelbase if memory serves. I have a coworker who has a 2005 G35 that is bone stock. We've traded keys before and the 350z with it's 287hp/274tq engine is faster than the G35 with it's 300hp/260tq. I would imagine the G35 probably weighs quite a big more with all the nice stuff inside, plus the backseat, and the large rims.

I'm sure either of them could be used for drifting.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    The Infiniti G35 has a backseat. It's pretty much the same car. 9 inches longer wheelbase if memory serves. I have a coworker who has a 2005 G35 that is bone stock. We've traded keys before and the 350z with it's 287hp/274tq engine is faster than the G35 with it's 300hp/260tq. I would imagine the G35 probably weighs quite a big more with all the nice stuff inside, plus the backseat, and the large rims.

I'm sure either of them could be used for drifting.
    tops is like 35k on auto trader low end was like 16k with alot of miles.

and i hate leather lol.

wait for the new RWD sports car from Hyundai?
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

lol you said hyundai...

My friend has a tiburon and its totally gutless, my sohc civic coupe beats it by a car length.

no offence to hyundai fans.

Eric

80's Toyota Corolla/AE86? I tried one out at our local rallycross and woohoo it was fun getting that tail out. Very easy to control. It's got a back seat, too

dccd

would it be possible to install a dccd in an 02 wrx? i imagine that would be expensive and time consuming.
    Every time chrome rims are put on a subaru a kitten is killed. do you want to be responsible for the death of a kitten?....do you?

Quote Originally Posted by IkeTurner View Post
    would it be possible to install a dccd in an 02 wrx? i imagine that would be expensive and time consuming.
    Yes, and you imagine correct.

I have DCCD in my 2002 WRX, it cost me $3200 for the trans and associated/required components, then I had to buy a DCCD controller from www.dccdpro.com (I have the Auto unit with OEM knob) which I think was like $275 or $375, and then all the labor on top of it.

wow

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Yes, and you imagine correct.

I have DCCD in my 2002 WRX, it cost me $3200 for the trans and associated/required components, then I had to buy a DCCD controller from www.dccdpro.com (I have the Auto unit with OEM knob) which I think was like $275 or $375, and then all the labor on top of it.
    wow........was it all worth it?
    Every time chrome rims are put on a subaru a kitten is killed. do you want to be responsible for the death of a kitten?....do you?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by IkeTurner View Post
    wow........was it all worth it?
    Considering its $5000 for PPG's in a 5 spd and no LSD, yeah.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

It depends who you ask. Many of my family and friends are appalled at what I spend on cars. Still there are some who understand that it's all about fun.

Was it worth it?

Well, if you came to me in October 2005 when I was buying my bugeye and told me: "I'm from the future, you're going to put over $27k into that car between parts and labor", then I would have bought an STI.

But, reality states otherwise. I bought the car stock, and intended to leave it stock. That lasted for about 8 weeks. Then I did the brakes, then some perrin hoses and uppipe with the AP. Then I got my TBE and flashed to stage 2. Then I did the suspension. Then I upgraded the turbo. Then I replaced the clutch. Then I broke the trans. Then I replaced the trans. All of these steps were separated by weeks and sometimes months. It's been fun each step along the way. Well, not so much when I broke the transmission, but even that worked out in the end as I found a decent deal on and an excuse for a six speed.

With the STI, I'd have a much better platform for monitoring, but I would have spent an additional 20k on the car at the time of purchase. Which would have left much less money available for modding as it would be going into my monthly car payments. I'd have the boy racer/ricer looks of the STI which I don't care for so I likely would have done a trunk swap with a local forum member for a WRX trunk. Insurance on the STI would be a great deal higher than it is on my WRX.

I'm happy with how things wound up. My WRX is understated, and reliable. It looks stock, so I don't need to worry about cops or ricers harassing me. It's the best daily driver I've had yet.

go on youtube and type in rwd sti, you'll find some STI's that are good at drifting. A friend told me they take out the front drive shaft or something. same with evo's, look for rwd evo on youtube as well

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn07STI View Post
    go on youtube and type in rwd sti, you'll find some STI's that are good at drifting. A friend told me they take out the front drive shaft or something. same with evo's, look for rwd evo on youtube as well
    Your newb-ness is very evident Shawn07sti. As stated earlier, watch the F&F Tokyo drift special features and listen to how many breakages they went through with their RWD Evo. The cars weren't meant to be RWD.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

i drift around corners and u turns all the time... practice is key and also you have to be going really fast
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Your newb-ness is very evident Shawn07sti. As stated earlier, watch the F&F Tokyo drift special features and listen to how many breakages they went through with their RWD Evo. The cars weren't meant to be RWD.

AMAZING!! Tokyo Drift is now an OFFICIAL reliable resource for information...LOLz

That special feature was pretty informative
    He grows so strong...he can kill our admins.

WRC > //////NASCAR

Bugeye Mafia #155
    Military Militia#187

tokyo drift is my middle name. im the drift king. its true. google that ****.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast