2008 Rally in the 100 Acre Wood

This is a discussion on 2008 Rally in the 100 Acre Wood within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know itís a little early yet, but wanted to let yíall know about the Rally in the 100 Acre ...

2008 Rally in the 100 Acre Wood

I know itís a little early yet, but wanted to let yíall know about the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood coming up again this Feb. 22-23 in and around Salem, MO (about 2hrs SW of St. Louis).
    If youíre not familiar with it, it is one of the 9 rounds of the Rally-America National Championship, the first five of which count towards qualifying for the X Games Rally race. Itís the closest thing to WRC that youíll see in the States.

We can always use more volunteer workers to help out during the rally. The most common spots are as control workers and stage marshals. If you havenít been to a rally before, control workers time the cars into the stage and at the finish. Itís a pretty easy and fun job where you get to see the cars and drivers up close. No experience needed, as weíll show you the ropes.
    Stage marshals park at intersecting roads to the course and keep the locals from entering the road while the cars are running.
    Other jobs include Sweeps and Medical, but some experience is required for those.
    All workers get event t-shirts, hat pins, lunch on Sat., maybe hats, and get to come to the after party with dinner and free Fat Tire Ale.

Of course if you donít want to volunteer, you can also just spectate. Weíll have spectator guides available the days of the event or on the website (but not until about a week before the event).

If youíll need a motel, get one soon as most rooms in Salem are about gone. More motel info can be found at www.100aw.org.

Weíll have more info up on the website as the event draws closer or email me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome, thanks for the info etc
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition