Rally GB Nov 29-Dec 2 -talk/results spoiler *
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rally GB Nov 29-Dec 2 -talk/results spoiler * within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wales Rally Great Britain is one of the classic events of the WRC calendar, and the varied nature of the ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool Rally GB Nov 29-Dec 2 -talk/results spoiler *

Wales Rally Great Britain is one of the classic events of the WRC calendar, and the varied nature of the gravel roads, coupled with the traditionally unsettled Welsh weather, also make it one of the toughest. Celebrating its 75th anniversary this year, Wales Rally GB gets underway on Thursday 29 November with a ceremonial start in the capital city, Cardiff.

Car Number 7
    Petter Solberg: “Rally GB is the final round of the championship and we have always gone there, so we’ll be pushing as hard as ever for a good result. If it’s typical Rally GB weather, wet with lots of mud on the stages, then those are the conditions I think we can go well on. It’s the team’s home event so they have lots of experience of the tricky conditions, and we are testing this week to work on setup. Phil lives close by so we always get lots of support.”

Car Number 8
    Chris Atkinson: “This year I have more experience of driving on slippery and icy surfaces going into Rally GB, whereas last year it was new and I had a lot to learn. Testing this week is going well and I hope to find a set up that will work on the rally. It’s especially important to find a good set-up on the fast and slippery gravel. Rally GB is the last of the season so we will push for a good result and hope to finish the year strongly.”

Car Number 17
    Xevi Pons: “I am looking forward to GB next week. Okay, like Ireland it will be difficult and slippery, but we have some testing planned and I have more experience of driving in Wales so I hope we will have a good weekend with no problems. I finished fifth in Wales last year, but this will be my first time with the Subaru World Rally Team. It is the team’s home rally, so I hope we can have a good finish to end the year.”
    more: http://www.swrt.com/news/viewarticle.html?id=1376

Also :
    Colin McRae's 1995 World Rally Championship winning
    Subaru Impreza will be amongst the famous and emotive rally cars at the Ceremonial start of Wales Rally GB in Cardiff's Cathays Park on November 29.

Furthermore, its approach will be heralded by Highlands-born Bag-Piper Martin Hewins who, between 1996 and 2003, travelled world-wide in support of Colin.

The starting Ceremony will begin at 6pm with an autograph signing session by current WRC Manufacturer Teams, including drivers' championship contenders Sebastien Loeb and Marcus Gronholm.

At 6.30 they are followed by teams from the FIA Production World Rally Championship and the Tesco 99 Octane MSA British Rally Championship, including Mark Higgins, Guy Wilks and Welshman Gwyndaf Evans - these three bidding for the British title.

For what is believed to be the first time, the two British and two World Championship winning Subaru's of
    Colin McRae
    and Richard Burns will be together in public as part of a tribute to the two late World Champions.

These four cars - two Legacys and two Imprezas - will be driven around the Cardiff Stage in the Millennium Stadium on Saturday December 1, prior to the first WRC competitive car starting at 7pm.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/...rae_burns.html

---------------

In other news say goodbye to BF Goodrich tires say hello pirelli for 2008

---------------
    Well the last round of the championship will Loeb or Gronholm become World Drivers Champion ?

follow it :
    http://www.walesrallygb.com/
    www.swrt.com
    http://www.crash.net/home~cid~4.htm
    http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/index.shtml
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 11-29-2007 at 10:42 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go Marcus!!!

+1

Please crash out mr loeb. Kthxbye
    ~Selah

Please make the wrong tire choice for your C4 this weekend Mr. Loeb.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    The shakedown for the 75th edition of the Wales Rally GB took place on a 3.9-kilometre stretch in the Penllergaer forest, situated 18km north of the Swansea service park, as preparations continue for the last round of the 2007 World Rally Championship.

At the wheel of his works CitroŽn C4, Sťbastien Loeb was fastest this morning. The Frenchman was only 0'01"1 quicker than teammate Dani Sordo as both checked their settings with different goals in mind. The drivers of the red cars were satisfied with a mere two passages each.

Close behind Sordo, the Ford team's Marcus GrŲnholm was third-fastest ahead of Subaru's Petter Solberg. Two Stobart Ford drivers came next, with Jari-Matti Latvala and Henning Solberg setting the fifth and sixth best times, quite aware of the role they will have to play this week-end in the outcome of the championship.

A second away from Loeb, Chris Atkinson was seventh-quickest with his Subaru Impreza after completing four runs. Andreas Mikkelsen followed at the controls of his new Ford Focus WRC 06.

Austrian Manfred Stohl worked through five passages of the shakedown route for the OMV Kronos CitroŽn Team, accomplishing the ninth-quickest time, while Ford's Mikko Hirvonen closed the top ten. Stobart Ford's Matthew Wilson and Subaru's Xevi Pons rounded off the top dozen drivers.

The all-new Suzuki SX4 WRC was trying out its first gravel runs and it showed in the times: Sebastian Lindholm was 18th, ten seconds behind fastest driver Loeb.

The rally start ceremony will be held this evening at 19:30 in Cardiff's Cathays Park in front of City Hall.

SHAKEDOWN RESULTS:
    1. Sebastien Loeb CitroŽn C4 WRC 2'24''4
    2. Dani Sordo Citroen C4 WRC 2'24''5
    3. Marcus GrŲnholm Ford Focus RS WRC 07 2'24''7
    4. Petter Solberg Subaru Impreza WRC 07 2'24''9
    5. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford Focus RS WRC 06 2'25''0
    6. Henning Solberg Ford Focus RS WRC 06 2'25''3
    7. Chris Atkinson Subaru Impreza WRC 07 2'25''4
    8. Andreas Mikkelsen Ford Focus RS WRC 06 2'26''3
    9. Manfred Stohl CitroŽn Xsara WRC 2'26''7
    10. Mikko Hirvonen Ford Focus RS WRC 07 2'26''9
    11. Matthew Wilson Ford Focus RS WRC 06 2'27''0
    12. Xavier Pons Subaru Impreza WRC 07 2'27''7
    13. Luis Perez Companc Ford Focus RS WRC 06 2'29''6
    = Federico Villagra Ford Focus RS WRC 06 2'29''6
    15. Mads Ostberg Subaru Impreza WRC 2'31''2
    16. Jan Kopecky Skoda Fabia WRC 2'34''1
    17. Conrad Rautenbach CitroŽn Xsara WRC 2'36''3
    18. Sebastian Lindholm Suzuki SX4 WRC 2'36''6
    19. Gareth Jones Ford Focus RS WRC 04 2'37''6

http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/hea...29174942.shtml
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

This rally should be intense. Hope I can avoid spoilers until the eurosport coverage torrents are up.

Mr Loeb, please crash out, blow a motor, go for a bike ride or something. Just stay of the podium.

Marcus, don't fvck up.
    ~Selah

Im sick to my stomach about this.....I fell out of my chair when Loeb crashed out in japan after Marcus went out. I couldnt believe any one could be that lucky. I wont even say what happend to me watching Marcus slide into that wall in Ireland. ( glad it stopped him!)

Am I correct in that Marcus would have to finish first and Loeb no better then 6th for Marcus to win?

Maybe some stone or something will go up into the ass of Sebastian.

GO MARCUS!!!!!!!!!

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Day 1

Overall as of SS3:
    The morning loop of Wales Rally GB's first leg was completed on the Rheola stage, a downhill route with flowing bends where braking points must be precisely hit. Of course, braking power does not count so much when good jumps send the cars into the air... Also of importance is the famous left-hand turn facing the lake that must be carefully navigated.

Mikko Hirvonen has once again signed a quickest time this morning, continuously adding several seconds on his overall lead with each run.
    http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/accueil/news1.shtml

1.Hirvonen - Ford - 38'01"5
    2.Gronholm - Ford - 38'22"9
    3.Loeb - C4 - 38'23"9
    4.Latvala - Ford - 38'30"9
    5.P.Solberg - Subaru - 38'55"9
    6.Sordo - C4 - 39'01"4
    7.Atkinson - Subaru - 39'18"7
    8.Wilson - Ford - 39'38"8
    9.Stohl - Xsara - 39'44"8
    10.Pons - Subaru - 39'56"7
    "All We'll Drive"

Looks like Loeb is going to shadow Marcus.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    News:
    The final stage of Wales Rally GB's first leg became a somewhat chaotic situation as lashing torrential rain and very high winds not only caused problems for the drivers but for the equipment being run by the teams. On the Rheola route itself, darkness and heavy fog engulfed the contenders to the point where a few simply turned off their foglights, as they were only enhancing the problems in visibility.

Taking advantage of the difficult yet somewhat less unfriendly conditions when the first runners took to the stage, Mikko Hirvonen established a fastest time of 16'39"3 aboard his works Ford Focus RS.

His teammate Marcus GrŲnholm took 16.4 seconds longer to make his way through the rain and fog but nonetheless claimed second position. he admitted.

Subaru's Petter Solberg drove into the third spot as he dealt with an additional problem: "We broke a damper and it is very difficult to drive the car."

Fourth-placed Sťbastien Loeb found his way through by adapting his approach to the poor visibility conditions as they evolved. "We had a problem with the fog lights," the CitroŽn Sport driver reported. "We had to use the normal lights (and) at some stage we had to stop everything and use no lights."

Describing the situation on the road as "terrible," his teammate Dani Sordo merited fifth position but took nearly a minute longer than the stage winner to do so.

Subaru's Chris Atkinson took sixth place after adding 47.3 seconds to his tally as the humidity stared playing tricks: "We had a problem with the windscreen misting over. We had to slow down and I opened a window, which helped a bit."

End of Day 1 SS6 Overall:

1.Hirvonen - Ford - 1h17'21"3
    2.Gronholm - Ford - 1h18'00"9
    3.Loeb - C4 - 1h18'19"2
    4.P.Solberg - Subaru - 1h18'55"3
    5.Sordo - C4 - 1h19'59"2
    6.Wilson - Ford - 1h22'22"6
    7.Atkinson - Subaru - 1h22'23"6
    8.Stohl - Xsara - 1h22'59"2
    9.Pons - Subaru - 1h23'18"8
    10.Mikkelsen - Ford - 1h24'03"1
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    A nice video showing the 75yrs history of Rally GB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8o3XEA27Pw
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Day 2

news from SS9:

The second leg's morning loop was completed by a run on the Halfway stage, which begins within the forest before moving up to wider and clearer areas. Along the way, the drivers must contend with hairpins, jumps, holes and a bridge before reaching a fast all-out section during the final third of the distance.

Jari-Matti Latvala took his third stage win of the day with a fastest time of 10'28"3, thereby claiming the entirety of the morning loop!.

Overall as of SS9:

1.Hirvonen - Ford - 1h46'12"4
    2.Gronholm - Ford - 1h46'45"0
    3.Loeb - C4 - 1h47'18"9
    4.P.Solberg - 1h48'25"7
    5.Sordo - C4 - 1h48'57"6
    6.Atkinson - Subaru - 1h51'40"7
    7.Wilson - Ford - 1h51'43"8
    9.Pons - Subaru - 1h53'31"2
    10.Kopecky - Skoda - 1h54'49"5

12.Latvala - Ford - 1h56'40"3

34.Pastrana - Subaru - 2h08'34"5

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Toshi Arai has won the 2007 FIA Production Car World Rally Championship title after Gabriel Pozzo - the only man that was still in contention heading into this weekend's Rally GB, was forced to withdraw.

Arai, who has had to sit out the final two PWRC events in Ireland and GB, as he had already taken in his six-nominated events, has had an anxious wait since the Rally Japan at the end of October, however in the end his 39-point haul will prove sufficient to give him his second PWRC title, to add to the one he took in 2005.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/...isses_out.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 332413.jpg  
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 12-02-2007 at 07:18 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    news as of SS12:
    The Halfway stage was already considered quite a challenge during this morning's first passage when the crews made their way through the jumps and turns of this forest and open range route. Crossing the same sections once again as the early evening darkness settled in over this tricky stage only added to the adrenaline factor.

Jari-Matti Latvala has claimed every stage of the day so far, but on this particuliar run the Stobart Ford driver was easily leading the other competitors. His fastest time of 10'39"6 was a full 6.9 seconds quicker than the closest contender.

"I'm quite happy about our performance," declared Latvala, even though he recognised having gone wide on one corner. "I feel very happy about the result today."

Overall as of SS12:
    1.Hirvonen - Ford - 2h15'23"3
    2.Gronholm - Ford - 2h15'59"0
    3.Loeb - C4 - 2h16'38"0
    4.P.Solberg - Subaru - 2h17'49"4
    5.Sordo -C4 - 2h18'19"5
    6.Atkinson - Subaru - 2h21'12"6
    7.Wilson - Ford - 2h21'19"6
    8.Stohl - Xsara - 2h22'17"9
    9.Pons - Subaru - 2h23'08"1
    10.Ostberg - Subaru - 2h24'49"4

12.Latvala - Ford - 2h25'39"4

45.Pastrana - Subaru - 2h55'27"4
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 12-01-2007 at 10:30 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Banned
    Dear Mr. Loeb,

While you are enjoying the British Isles, please swing by and see my friend. He goes by the name Mr. Mechanical Failure. He'd like to hang out and chill with your engine and maybe meet your gearbox. Thanks!

Most Deeply Sincere,

A Marcus Fan

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Day 3

Overall as of SS14:

1.Hirvonen - Ford - 2h32'41"5
    2.Gronholm - Ford - 2h33'19"0
    3.Loeb - C4 - 2h34'11"4
    4.P.Solberg - Subaru - 2h35'23"1
    5.Sordo - C4 - 2h35'50"2
    6.Wilson - Ford - 2h39'03"4
    7.Atkinson - Subaru - 2h39'16"2
    8.Stohl - Xsara - 2h40'18"5
    9.Pons - Subaru - 2h41'03"3
    10.Ostberg - Subaru - 2h42'36"6

12.Latvala - Ford - 2h43'51"0

48.Pastrana - Subaru - 3h20'14"8
    "All We'll Drive"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast