Launching...?!? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Launching...?!? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Always slip in the clutch as gently as possible. Period....

Always slip in the clutch as gently as possible. Period.
    2006 WRX Limited
    Tuned By: Bnice01 @ www.southeasternawd.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Chris View Post
    Always slip in the clutch as gently as possible. Period. And loose the launch and then the race

fixed
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

fre
    I have a rather laggy turbo and I punch the throttle between 6 and 7k and slip the clutch just long enough to get the car rolling (tighten up the driveline) so I don't give it that initial shock load and then quickly get out of the clutch. I found slipping the clutch too much actually caused me to wheel hop which is like a jack hammer on your driveline. If you can get your clutch to transmit enough power to your tires they will spin instead of hop or bog, however you don't just want to dump because that is a lot of shock. So slip to get the car moving for a split second then get the hell out of the clutch. Keep in mind if you don't have enough power this might not work, in which case you would most likely just bog.

Edit: Using launch control helps too. I use half throttle on it to prevent getting massive backfires on E85 . The method above works fine, but I usually spin a lot more. The two step keeps me consistent.
    Last edited by fre; 05-08-2008 at 07:48 PM.
    11.1 @ 131

best thing that i could suggest is to get a chatter box that you can adjust ur rpm chatter.........for those who dont know waht it does it holds ur rpms @ a specified rpm when clutch is in when ur @ full throttle. it just holds the rpms there, til u launch...........

Banned
    What's that leaf blower in your avatar doot?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    best thing that i could suggest is to get a chatter box that you can adjust ur rpm chatter.........for those who dont know waht it does it holds ur rpms @ a specified rpm when clutch is in when ur @ full throttle. it just holds the rpms there, til u launch...........
    Launch control, currently on most newer EM systems

true true.... i just read it was on the cobb.......accessport......cant wait to get mine......does anyone.have the map stage 2 on wrx...whats the power difference.. night and day or wat?

other than damages from driving too hard/ too much power, i'm yet to hear a bad complaint about Stage II. And i fooled around with the launch control maps, pretty cool stuff. I rarely slip at around 3K or so and never ever dummp. Its just a matter of increasing gas at the right amount to how fast you slip the clutch. Keep them balanced and you'll know when you did it right. Anyways, to the OP... How many miles do you haveon your car? please don't say 371 or something. Its just when i hear these its usually the first week or so someones gotten the car and i'd hate to see a brand new car ruined.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

THANX I HAVE TBE EXHAUST THAT I GOT OFF EBAY BRAND NEW 375.00. COMES WITH UPIPE DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT AND MUFFLER. SOUNDS SICK JUST HAVENT INSTALLED UPPIPE YET. BEST DEAL EVER....HERES A PIC... ALSO DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A LOW IDLE OR ENGINE DIEING AFTER A SHORT INTAKE INSTALL...
    Last edited by justin.jordan2; 04-08-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Last edited by LogiMech; 03-25-2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: double post

launching

Bogging while launching is usually a result of letting the clutch go at to little RPS.. Or slipping the clutch faster than you are pushing the gas.

slipping the clutch around 5200rpm is great.. it has worked with me on my stage 4 wrx with a 04 tranny. my 02 blew when i was stock..lol, i usually get 1.7 1.8 60ft.. but w/e.. i do destroy clutches like hell.. second ACT clutch.. last one lasted me 5 months 20k miles.. but the disc only 160 compared to 2000 tranny used.. the disc and some elbow grease gets the suby back on the rd..

I Support ClubWRX
    TBH, hearing stories of folks toasting a clutch or trans in a boosted AWD subaru still mystifies me. After 3 of them (02 WRX, 04 STi, 05 LGT), I never once had an issue. And believe me....I tried!

I really think that with experience, this issue goes away. Just my opinion though.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12