Alonso gone from McLaren!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Alonso gone from McLaren!!! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Fernando Alonso leaves McLaren LAT Photographic After a meeting between Formula One driver Fernando Alonso and the McLaren team, the ...

I Support ClubWRX

Alonso gone from McLaren!!!

Fernando Alonso leaves McLaren
    LAT Photographic

After a meeting between Formula One driver Fernando Alonso and the McLaren team, the two parties agreed that it would be in the best interest of both to bring the relationship to an end and for Alonso to leave.

In a statement, McLaren claimed that the mutual parting of ways had not been discussed until now, saying any such discussion could have seriously disrupted the team’s and Alonso’s 2007 season.

“Since I was a boy, I had always wanted to drive for McLaren,” Alonso said, “but sometimes in life things do not work out. I continue to believe that McLaren is a great team. Yes, we have had our ups and downs during the season . . . and it is not a secret that I never really felt at home. I know there have been suggestions of favoritism within the team, and people say a lot of things in the heat of battle, but in the end, I was always provided with an equal opportunity to win. Today’s decision allows all of us to focus on 2008.”

Ron Dennis wished Alonso well, adding, “He is a great driver, but for some reason, the combination of McLaren and Fernando has not really worked out, and in the end we reached a stage where none of us could find a way to move forward. We all believe that our joint decision to part company is for the best.”
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    well least the top drivers will be spread about more teams to make for a "hopefully" more entertaining '08 season

i'm sure his mum is already washing his Renault race suit as we post
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess we could have anticipated it. Next year should indeed be very interesting...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Yeah I saw this one coming so is he going back to Renault?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    i heard he's gonna move to nascar and follow montoya's illustrious career
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    i heard he's gonna move to nascar and follow montoya's illustrious career
    He reminds me of jacques Gerard from taledaga nights.

lol

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails talladeganightsA.jpg  
    "All We'll Drive"

Typically ego-maniac. I guess it did not sit well with Alonso that Hamilton was getting all the attention.

Fernando.....
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I Support ClubWRX
    It wouldn't sit well with me either frankly. Alonso is a prima donna but he's also right. Hamilton gave as well as took in their internal quarrel, he's certainly no angel. Yet the press and the team have given him tremendous leeway since he's new, English, accent-free, and photogenic. Normal and to be expected, yes, but not universally accepted. I can see Alonso's point for leaving, even though I am no Alonso fan (he does at times have the best hair in F1 though, and among the best hair in any sport, especially with David Seaman's career winding down).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    = especially with David Seaman's career winding down).
    heh semen heh

Both Dennis and Alonso are being very polite in their releases. But, Alonso leaving is no surprise after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Hamilton gave as well as took in their internal quarrel, he's certainly no angel. Yet the press and the team have given him tremendous leeway since he's new, English, accent-free, and photogenic. Normal and to be expected, yes, but not universally accepted.
    I agree with what you are saying SD_GR. I found it difficult watching the F1 broadcast here. Totally biased, Hamilton this, Hamilton that.... Nevertheless, I have to say it's good to read Alonso and Dennis did not drag each other through the mud.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
    I agree with what you are saying SD_GR. I found it difficult watching the F1 broadcast here. Totally biased, Hamilton this, Hamilton that.... Nevertheless, I have to say it's good to read Alonso and Dennis did not drag each other through the mud.
    I see the points being made about the Hamilton bias, but for some reason it didn't really bother me. Alonso established himself as a chronic complainer back at Renault; it's become a pattern for him. It's hard for me to get behind a personality like that. He's an outstanding driver, of course.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Good ridance IMO. I'm going to love seeing him midpack next year.
    #478 E Street Prepared
    CIR/CCSCC/GASS series
    by Nukabe-CUSCO and TurboXS

BugEye Mafia, Made 12-18-07 (#159)

I Support ClubWRX
    All Renault need to regain their composure is someone like Alonso. Even with Fisichella leading they made improvements. Recall that McLaren were midpack last year until Alonso showed up.

Good as Hamilton is, it remains to be seen if he can sort a chassis without input from someone like Alonso.

Speaking of bias, I think nobody told the Speed TV trio that Mark Weber isn't English, because his name was mentioned as much as Massa, who won GsP, for no apparent reason. The interviews were numerous also for reasons that only Speed TV understands.

Oh, whatever happened to Scott Speed?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.