Alonso gone from McLaren!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Alonso gone from McLaren!!! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; this was a pretty dismal year. im usually crushed when i miss a race, but this year i missed quite ...

this was a pretty dismal year. im usually crushed when i miss a race, but this year i missed quite a few and it didnt really bug me. after mclaren lost all their points it became somewhat boring
    Dirty Crew #217 like it dirty? Dirty Thread |
    Military Milita #217 | Hawk-Eye Alliance #217 | Shaved Bumper Alliance #217

What does that mean?! If you dont know the lingo... Abbreviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If you are going to be crazy....it's best to be crazy with no regard for safety at all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It was an exciting year IMO but not always for the right reasons. Hopefully next year Ferrari will have to race for either title, Alonso will get a competitive car somewhere else, Hamilton will improve, Raikkonen will form a sentence, and Massa will figure out rain racing.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

Oh, whatever happened to Scott Speed?
    Unexplored talent imho. Never had a platform that could demonstrate was he or wasn't he any good.

His name is a marketing dream for motor racing though.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Scott Speed is now competing in the ARCA series. Another open wheeler trying to break their way into the the nascar money.
    #478 E Street Prepared
    CIR/CCSCC/GASS series
    by Nukabe-CUSCO and TurboXS

BugEye Mafia, Made 12-18-07 (#159)

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Raikkonen will form a sentence
    Does the dude ever smile???

How about Jenson Button? Is he doomed with Honda?
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by msgsti217 View Post
    this was a pretty dismal year. im usually crushed when i miss a race, but this year i missed quite a few and it didnt really bug me. after mclaren lost all their points it became somewhat boring
    That happened very late in the season, and didn't really affect me, because McLaren was determined to stay competitive, penalty or no.

How was this a dismal year? 3 front-runners, one a rookie, vying for supremacy, BMW pushing to a solid 3rd position as a constructor, controversy over Stepneygate, surprises at China and Japan with weather and errors, etc?

I thought it was far more exciting and unpredictable than other recent seasons, where Schumie just walked away with the championship.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

....And the driver's champion was not decided until the last race.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post

How about Jenson Button? Is he doomed with Honda?

No to both questions.

I'm not anti-Honda despite the popularity of Honda bashing on non-Honda fora in the US. Many Honda owners are children, dim, or both, and their cars are mutilated more than their grammar. However, most Honda owners have nothing to do with the iMpOrT TuneR sCeNe and simply know a good vehicle when they see one. It is my opinion that Honda currently make some -- if not most -- of the best motors in the world, and that they have done so since the late 80s consistently. Given that, and given their F1 team's resources and budget, it is absolutely ridiculous that they can't get anywhere. They and Toyota are the laughing stock of motorsport and it says a lot about the changes in Japanese society that no ritual suicides haven't been recorded.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Although some may not agree, I think Jenson is a good driver. Given the right opportunity, he'd compete up front. Hamilton's success has definitely overshadowed Button this year. Lets see if he (Hamilton) can do the same next year.

Am I right in saying, Toyota's budget is twice that of Ferrari?

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree Button is very good and it's a shame neither he nor his team mate have been able to do anything about the car.

I don't know how much Fiat spend in relation to Toyota, but I do remember also hearing that it's less. Not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post

But I do root for the man...
    #478 E Street Prepared
    CIR/CCSCC/GASS series
    by Nukabe-CUSCO and TurboXS

BugEye Mafia, Made 12-18-07 (#159)

He sort of smiled when he won the championship.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Every so often, there's a semi-spontaneous football match amongst F1 and other drivers. Raikkonen's predecessor was much, much better behind the wheel than he was on the pitch IMO, and I can't help but ask: does anyone know if Raikkonen knows one foot from the other? Has he got a good shot? Is he a team player?

I Support ClubWRX
    That's a great graphic.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    lookin like renault
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast