The official what I'm doing/changing for the 08 season thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The official what I'm doing/changing for the 08 season thread within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Pzary3233 Lowering or non lowering RCE plates??? I'm drooling over some, but don't have the scratch. Lowering, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pzary3233 View Post
    Lowering or non lowering RCE plates???

I'm drooling over some, but don't have the scratch.
    Lowering, and I need to sell mine.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tallahassee, FL is home... Memphis, TN for school
    PM sent!
    2002 PSM WRX <- going back to stock Suspension parts GALORE for sale!
    The Project STX Sedan Build Thread
    Race hard or go home!

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    I ran Koni inserts, JDM pinks, 27/29 F. bar, and 24 adj. R. bar on my wagon this year and took STX in Philly and South Jersey Region.

I used RCE camber plates and GroupN rear tophats.
    After looking through threads here and Nasioc, it appears that is the preferred path. Are the Pink springs enough? I constantly hear people talking that 400# or more is warranted for competitve AutoX, and yet for the wagon, everyone goes with the pinks @ 223/195. Am I missing something?

Also, it appears to get the Springs installed on my '02, I will need group N tophats anyway (or at least factory '04 tophats), yes? Sounds like that's what I need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NDGeist View Post
    After looking through threads here and Nasioc, it appears that is the preferred path. Are the Pink springs enough? I constantly hear people talking that 400# or more is warranted for competitve AutoX, and yet for the wagon, everyone goes with the pinks @ 223/195. Am I missing something?

Also, it appears to get the Springs installed on my '02, I will need group N tophats anyway (or at least factory '04 tophats), yes? Sounds like that's what I need to do.
    First, I was using JDM pinks 257/217. No, they're still not enough. 400# springs probably aren't enough, but if you want to use the thing as a DD you're going to end up with some compromises. I'd run RCE Yellows or STi Tarmacs if I had it to do over again.

Yes, on the rear top hats.

feel free to make fun of me... im dumb but whats a driver mod?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    feel free to make fun of me... im dumb but whats a driver mod?
    It's when you mod the driver.

FWIW, I am going to run 450# springs this year and daily drive it on horrible Memphis roads... We'll see how I hate it. I may switch springs back REAL quick!

Quick question, will I be kicked out of STX for using wagon struts in my sedan?????
    Race hard or go home!

FWIW, I am going to run 450# springs this year and daily drive it on horrible Memphis roads... We'll see how I hate it. I may switch springs back REAL quick!

Quick question, will I be kicked out of STX for using wagon struts in my sedan?????
    I'm going to be much stiffer than that.

No, you are free to do basically anything with spring/struts in STX.

Yes, BUT the mounting points are different from the Sedan struts, so I was thinking that it might be under the cannot make modifications to the mounting points rule.

And how stiff would that me?
    Race hard or go home!

Yes, BUT the mounting points are different from the Sedan struts, so I was thinking that it might be under the cannot make modifications to the mounting points rule.

And how stiff would that me?
    The mounting points are still the same. The strut has changed. I'm going to be running sedan coilovers as no one makes a wagon coilover.

Over 500, more so in the rear.

I rode in an M3 with 450/500 and it rode really well. I liked it a lot... so I hope that things will be ok with 450#

Thanks for the clarification!
    Race hard or go home!

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NDGeist View Post

The stiffest traditional springs are the STi Tarmacs, that's what I'm currently running (w/ RCE lowering plates) spring rates in the 330/290ish range
    The other spring I'd look at for the wagon is the RCE wagon spring- it's relatively new to the scene, wagon specific and rates of 280/260ish- lower 25-30mm
    If you want to go stiffer you have to go the coilover route- either the GC (where you further modify your oe struts) or full on coilovers.
    I'd seriously consider going traditional strut/spring to begin w/ and reevaluate after running them for awhile
    Yes you will need 04 tops in the rear (to utilize the newer springs)- Grp N is the way I'd go in the rear w/ a good camber plate in the front
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Well, to compliment my Koni's when i go to STX mid year, I picked up a used set of the RCE wagon springs, and to bolt on right away (while remaining in DS) i picked up a Used Borla Hush.

It's been an expensive weekend.

Next step, find a used v1 AP that's good to work with my '02.

Has anyone seen a list of catted downpipes that will resist throwing a CEL for the STX rule clarification? That's one of my big part challenges right now. All my other parts will be available via standard retail type outlets. (brake pads, tires, brake lines, rear sway/endlinks/mounts)

I suppose finding some 17x8 rota torque's would be a good find as well. hmmmm.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I started a thread on nasioc in motorsports- something like "ST* database"-worth looking at

the setup that seems to be 100% sure is a catted downpipe mated to a catted midpipe w/ the O2 sensor downstream of the 2nd cat- this is what the 07 Nat'l champ ran -scroll towards the bottom

http://xcceleration.com/itemdetails.cfm83.htm

I bought a used Prodrive catted downpipe as I heard from several that had no "fixes" that it didn't throw any cels- we'll see, mine is at SwainTech getting coated.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    It's when you mod the driver.
    +113
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics