Brazilian GP talk/rant - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Brazilian GP talk/rant within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I saw the Speed coverage. I was given an old compact radio that I use in my home gym, and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I saw the Speed coverage. I was given an old compact radio that I use in my home gym, and it has a "karaoke" feature on it. This removes most of the vocals from a song. I wish my TV had a similar feature.

Hamilton looks very strong. I predict he'll be World Driving Champion either next year or the year after that. For Sunday's race I see Alonso in 1st. He has not hesitated to run opponents off the road if necessary, and he is more experienced. I find Raikkonen's chances are not as great, as the Ferrari team have shown a return to true form and have made gaffes recently, especially in inclement weather. If it stays sunny Raikkonen might do better, but I just have a feeling things will go wrong at Ferrari.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Apparently Hamilton and Button are in some trouble over the tires used in practice? Anyone know if there will be a penalty?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    latest news from F1 live:
    http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/index.shtml

While there is some discussion ongoing regarding the use of a second set of wet tyres this morning in practice, Hamilton used the super-soft option this afternoon to record a best lap of 1:12.767s, a tenth clear of Alonso who recorded his best lap in the final seconds of the session using the harder ‘soft’ Potenza.

Earl ALEXANDER
    © CAPSIS International
    at the moment no word
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    Speed TV is showing it at 11:30am Sunday EST.
    TY

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    3rd practice news
    McLaren Mercedes led the way in Friday practice, but in dry and warm conditions this morning at Interlagos Felipe Massa topped the timesheets in his Ferrari with a best lap of 1:11.810s. A final quick lap from Lewis Hamilton vaulted him from 15th to second, demoting Kimi Raikkonen to third as the chequered flag flew.

read more:
    http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...20161358.shtml
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

The tyre incident:
    Lewis Hamilton has been fined (US) $21,000 by stewards at the Brazilian Grand Prix and had the offending wet weather tyre set confiscated after an inquiry at Interlagos on Friday.

The McLaren driver, as well as Jenson Button and Takuma Sato, received the penalty for breaching Article 25.3 of the sporting regulations by using more than one set of wet tyres in the rain hit morning practice session.

Hamilton, Button and Sato they can now head into Saturday practice and qualifying minus any grid position penalty.

Honda has no comment to make after Friday practice, while Super Aguri Honda Sporting Director Graham Taylor admitted the team had 'made a mistake'.

Over at McLaren and Team Principal Ron Dennis had stated the error 'did not provide any performance advantage.'

A similar situation arose in 2005 at the Monaco Grand Prix where Ralf Schumacher used a left front tyre in Thursday practice that had not been allocated to him. He received a half second time penalty to add to his qualifying time...

E.A.
    Source GMM

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...19231017.shtml
    "All We'll Drive"

qualifying on speed now! Q2 just started!

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

I Support ClubWRX
    It won't be too bad for Sunday since it'll likely be dry anyway. Money sure does fly around though.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    The battle for the Pole Position this afternoon in Brazil was a close affair with home-town hero Felipe Massa getting the job done in his Ferrari by just over a tenth of a second from his nearest rival.

Massa is the only one of the top four on the grid who is not a championship contender in this, the final race of the season, as he aims to repeat his win from last year. Critically for Massa and his hopes of victory, it is championship leader Lewis Hamilton who lines up alongside him on the front row of the grid and not team-mate Kimi Raikkonen who starts third.

Massa’s 1:11.931s lap was actually faster than any other lap in the qualifying session indicating that he is on a relatively light fuel load. The same can probably be said for Hamilton who pushed very hard on his final run to move onto the front row.

Kimi Raikkonen’s final run saw him pass Hamilton who had just exited the pits. Perhaps a little distracted by the McLaren, he ran wide and lost those critical fractions of a second. For Fernando Alonso, it was a disappointing session as he never had the pace to challenge for the pole position, but still starts a competitive fourth as he chases his third straight title.

Speed TV is showing it at 11:30am Sunday EST.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Already got it saved to the DVR. Screw TIVO....DVR is where it's at

oh yeah...hamilton FTW. Hopefully though, he will stay humble. Unlike some GP drivers I can think of.
    Freakin' Tivo cut off the last sector of the final qualifying run by Hamilton

"From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    At the end of the day, it's still just a 2007 Mercedes. It's going to break down at some point.

Raikkonen did deserve respect as the only man to have won a GP from behind P2 at the start.

Why Hamilton decided to go racing in the middle of a GP is one of the great mysteries of the season -- a GP is the last place one would want to go racing, after all.

I wonder what Fisichella and Schumacher will be doing next year. I hope they drive for Ferrari.

what a great race and a exciting season!

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe Alonso doesn't want to go back to Renault -- he spent some time saying how fantastic the team and car were and how great his memories are of this season. I wonder what he'll tell the Spanish press on Monday. Too bad Seat aren't fielding a team, Alonso could have it all t himself.

I also wonder what Dennis and Hamilton will tell the UK press. Usually press conferences consist of the same guys that were reporting on a footballer's all-night drinking previously, but this time around an English team being fined more than the royals spend on florists, then having an Englishman lose the world driving title are all enough to get The Times involved.

Hamilton did well this year. He showed he's just as fast, and even more importantly, just as devious and even dirty as Alonso, and Alonso's got two world titles. He gave as well as he took both in the pit lanes and in the qualifying sessions, and when he managed to stay out of trouble he was very quick during races. His statements to the press and his actions in the pits have shown he's as much a diva as anyone, so he's found a good niche and will fit right in.

If anyone should feel violated, it's got to be Massa. He's the only man in a top flight car that was not a contender all year. I think he played teammate relatively well, but he had moments were he proved he could have put up a better fight, if not against the McLarens then certainly against Raikkonen. His rain racing needs some help, and his brother needs to shop for different shirts if he's going to be on TV again, but other than that, Massa could have been in a much better place.

Fantastic! It was a pretty exciting race in a very exciting season. Despite the political scandals it was some of the most exciting racing we've had in the last few seasons.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

so did we ever find out what happened to hamiltons car when he went over the curb?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.