JP GP Act II: It's now Hamilton's fault?!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on JP GP Act II: It's now Hamilton's fault?! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Apparently, Sebastian Vettel said he plowed into Mark Webber because he was watching Hamilton, who was trying to keep his ...

I Support ClubWRX

JP GP Act II: It's now Hamilton's fault?!

Apparently, Sebastian Vettel said he plowed into Mark Webber because he was watching Hamilton, who was trying to keep his car warm by slamming brakes and accelerating in bursts as they all followed the safety car. Webber is blaming Hamilton also, and there's a video on.. YouTube (yes, a private video on an internet site!) that may have made FIA look into suspending Hamilton from this Sunday's GP or taking away his points from JP. Huh?! What?!

In other words, if Alonso or Raikkonen cannot figure out how to win the world driving championship, FIA will have to figure it out for them. I don't get any of this. If it's true, it's ludicrous. It's too silly to seem real though. Maybe a hoax?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    this is turning into one nutty F1 season for sure
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I doubt they'll do anything Hamilton brings to much publicity (money) to F1 for them to keep him from winning.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Peter Windsor was saying that Hamilton's father/manager sees a penalty and/or disqualification as a done deal and they are trying to go on as well as possible with the GP at hand. All this was early this AM, US PST. Maybe now that everyone's slept on it in both the UK and CN things will cheer up.

Jackie Stewart was on TV saying he can't follow the reasoning either.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 10-05-2007 at 09:14 AM.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I just looked on the F1 site and it said this

No penalty for Hamilton over Japanese Grand Prix
    And Vettel has China grid penalty annulled

Formula One stewards have chosen not to penalise McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton after an enquiry into his driving behind the safety car in last weekend’s Japanese Grand Prix.

The investigation followed suggestions that erratic driving by Hamilton had been responsible for Toro Rosso’s Sebastian Vettel crashing into the rear of Mark Webber’s Red Bull. Webber and Vettel were running second and third behind Hamilton at the time and both were eliminated in the incident.

Vettel was initially blamed for the shunt and was given a ten-place grid penalty for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix as a result. However, after hearing evidence from all three drivers, and in light of the unusually severe weather conditions at the time of the accident, the stewards decided that sanctions were not appropriate and reduced Vettel's punishment to a reprimand.

Friday's decision means Hamilton could wrap up the 2007 drivers’ title in China on Sunday.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    That's good news. Thanks for the info! Finally some sanity. I felt bad for Vettel's penalty too, and I felt the worst for Webber.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.