DI@EM-9/22/07 Subie Desert Rallycross / Dirt Action!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on DI@EM-9/22/07 Subie Desert Rallycross / Dirt Action! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru Impreza owners braved sketchy weather conditions to make it out for some AWD off road power slides and loosely ...

DI@EM-9/22/07 Subie Desert Rallycross / Dirt Action!

Subaru Impreza owners braved sketchy weather conditions to make it out for some AWD off road power slides and loosely organized rally cross practice. The DirtyImpreza crew was in attendance having been given notice of being rained out of a points rally cross event just 24 hours earlier, we jumped on the chance to still go to the desert. Big ups goes out to everyone who made it, and the men (and women) who gambled on getting out there early and were rewarded with dry, cool, no-wind conditions.

DI@EM-9/22/07
    Runtime: 4:00
    Music: Alkaline Trio Ė ďDeath BedĒ
    Produced / Directed: 409industries

Another DirtyImpreza.com original video! W00t! I threw this together in less than 2 nights of editing, and Iím pretty pleased with how it came out. Bummer I didnít have any outside shots of my car in action, but oh well. Iím impatient and wanted to get the video online for everyone else thatís in it! I think ill answer some of the questions I normally get ahead of time.

-Yes the tire that came off did actually get back onto the tire with him jumping on it. We were all pretty amazed. However we werenít able to seat the bead on the rim, and the lighter / fluid trick didnít work. Doh!
    -It was raining like CRAZY leaving LA and Orange County to get to the desert, but the weather system was really weird and was moving north, this left the lake bed completely dry all day. After I left the wind really started to pickup in the afternoon though.
    -The in-car shots are done though a ChaseCam setup and the youtube video just really doesnít do it justice. In a higher resolution video, itís pretty spectacular. Pictures of the setup I use can be found here: Click Here For Camera Setup Pics
    -No, unfortunately I do not have any video of 06drtywgn on 2 wheels or jumping and breaking everything.
    -A total of about 20 cars showed up.
    -We ate about 4 packs of hotdogs! LOL

Thanks to everyone who made it out, I hope you enjoy the video.

Pictures from this event can be found here: Event Pictures

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Nice. A+

great job on the editing! that was great
    Stage II and loving it!

Way cool!!!
    If at first you don't succeed......... mash the throttle

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like fun...no way could I do that with my car.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.