2008 WRX 1/8 Mile
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2008 WRX 1/8 Mile within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2008 WRX Reaction-----.6338 60FT-------2.1082 330FT------6.2584 1/8 ET------9.7478 1/8 MPH----70.12 Above is the best time i got on the night. I ...

OGB

2008 WRX 1/8 Mile

2008 WRX

Reaction-----.6338
    60FT-------2.1082
    330FT------6.2584
    1/8 ET------9.7478
    1/8 MPH----70.12

Above is the best time i got on the night. I did cut a perfect light once but i bogged after the launch on that run.
    This was my first time going to a track in a long time, so don't be hating on my driving. I know it's not the best.
    I could launch it harder, but I wanted to take it a little easy. It is a new car after all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    2008 WRX

Reaction-----.6338
    60FT-------2.1082
    330FT------6.2584
    1/8 ET------9.7478
    1/8 MPH----70.12

Above is the best time i got on the night. I did cut a perfect light once but i bogged after the launch on that run.
    This was my first time going to a track in a long time, so don't be hating on my driving. I know it's not the best.
    I could launch it harder, but I wanted to take it a little easy. It is a new car after all.
    your reaction time dont matter....

The elapsed time clocks do not start until you leave the second beam. So like ARMY stated, the reaction times do not matter at all to the elapsed time. Alsays nice to throw a perfect .000 on the reaction time though.
    Stage that thing dead shallow to really get that 60' time down.

Looks good. Take it slow at first. No reason to go hurting a new car. And have fun!

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    What does stageing dead shallow mean?
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

A shallow stage is when you just barely make the stage lights come on. Its easy to do...just like the pros. Gently roll up to prestage, then gently roll so the stage light flickers on then stop. THis way you have the longest amount of time to get your butt moving to get a good 60' time.

OP - those aren't the greatest times, but I would have done the exact same thing. A brand new car would be a bad thing to break. Out of curiosity, how many miles do you have on the car?
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

You can get your ET to 1.8 or so. AWD helps to keep you under 2. That will cut your total time down.

What RPM did you launch at? I know w/ the 2.0L you want to rev between 5 and 6k to build boost, any lower and you can get tranny shock and can damage the trany.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

OGB
    i have just over 1,000 miles on it.
    And i was bouncing the RPM's between 3500 and 4500 at the launch.

i wasnt trying to drive it as fast as possible and it wasn't a competition or anything. was just getting familliar with the track again and having fun.

i might go back next week. it's only like 10 min away.

any other 2008 owners go to the track yet?

i hope to soon, but i'm still waiting on a 6 week cast to come off.
    '08 WRB STi -- Cobb Stage 1

'08 Black Z06

OGB
    Quote Originally Posted by QQB825 View Post
    i hope to soon, but i'm still waiting on a 6 week cast to come off.
    i might not be able to drive at all this weekend, foot surgery.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.