Massive Newbie question!
Results 1 to 11 of 11

This is a discussion on Massive Newbie question! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I am new here, my name is James and I am from Melbourne Australia. I am just getting ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4

    Massive Newbie question!

    Hey guys I am new here, my name is James and I am from Melbourne Australia. I am just getting interested in the WRC for the first time and just have a couple of super newbie questions!

    I know the SWRT car is heavily modified with really different transmission, suspension ect. But I have no idea how different the engine is to a WRX STi.

    So in terms of the engine, does the SWRT car have a highly modified version of the STi engine or is it just a totaly different engine which has nothing to do with the STi?

    Also how much KW/HP does the SWRT car put out at the wheels?

    Sorry for the newbie questions! Great forum btw!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User WRXelent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    EXIT 80 GSP
    Posts
    2,137
    I believe the hp is limited to 300 and the other questions are for minds greater than mine.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright


  4. #3
    Geriatric Ginger Mod Rogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    behind the wheel
    Posts
    8,188
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to ClubWRX, James!

    Weasel will be all over this thread, in no time!



    Modifications allowed according to FIA GroupA regulations:

    *Full suspension geometry and layout. The original mounting points must be preserved within a 20mm radius
    *Engine internals including camshafts, crankshaft, valves. Other engine components can be machined. The engine block must be preserved
    *Engine peripherals (Radiators, intercoolers, ...)
    *Engine management
    *Braking system
    *Gearbox, gear ratios, number of gears and gear selection type
    *Differentials
    *Final drive ratio
    *Electric equipment

    I know they run a restricted 34mm turbocharger, as well, or at least they did..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

  5. #4
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    17,952
    I Support ClubWRX

    Smile

    Actually, I think the only 'real' differences are a few extra stickers, BOV and a CAI... maybe some self painted engine parts under the hood too.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Holy Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Actually, I think the only 'real' differences are a few extra stickers, BOV and a CAI... maybe some self painted engine parts under the hood too.
    Dooooooood and the roof scoop, duh



    Weasel, help!

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Welcome to ClubWRX, James!

    Weasel will be all over this thread, in no time!
    Thankyou mate!

    Hmm, I am looking forward to hearing from this Weasel bloke...

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4
    I did some more research.

    It has 300kw which is the max allowed.
    The engine is a flat 4, 16 valve, turbocharged 2litre. However I dont know if this is based on the WRX engine or not...

  9. #8
    Geriatric Ginger Mod Rogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    behind the wheel
    Posts
    8,188
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post

    Modifications allowed according to FIA GroupA regulations:

    *Full suspension geometry and layout. The original mounting points must be preserved within a 20mm radius
    *Engine internals including camshafts, crankshaft, valves. Other engine components can be machined. The engine block must be preserved
    *Engine peripherals (Radiators, intercoolers, ...)
    *Engine management
    *Braking system
    *Gearbox, gear ratios, number of gears and gear selection type
    *Differentials
    *Final drive ratio
    *Electric equipment

    I know they run a restricted 34mm turbocharger, as well, or at least they did..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

  10. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    The HP is limited but the torque isnt. They run some crazy technology in those cars and anti lag to mess with ricers at street lights.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4
    Sorry Rogan, I did not see that at the start I thought it was apart of your signiture for some reason. Thanks mate

  12. #11

    Admin - Scooby Hooligan

    Weasel 555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    UK,NY,AK,FL
    Posts
    23,129
    I Support ClubWRX
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

    I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •