IT GP: Ferrari violated.

This is a discussion on IT GP: Ferrari violated. within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not a good day for any Tifoso out there. Raikkonen stuffed it into the armco yesterday, and Massa retired his ...

I Support ClubWRX

IT GP: Ferrari violated.

Not a good day for any Tifoso out there. Raikkonen stuffed it into the armco yesterday, and Massa retired his car after straightlining a chicane or two.

There were insults as well as injuries to Ferrari today. I think Hamilton should have been penalized for his start, since he cut across so violently that he forced himself off the road at the second S of the first chicane. He didn't gain position, but he had to use the farm because of the line he picked as his only resort to keep his spot, to Ferrari's detriment.

His pass on Raikkonen was brilliant and lucky both. They both locked up, but he was clever enough to not let Raikkonen know he's coming and lucky enough to have the weight loaded so as to lock up in a way that gave him the rotation he needed to keep the line. Raikkonen straighted instead, costing him.

Alonso is a smart man, keeping out of trouble and showing incredible speed whenever necessary.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm gonna watch the replay,slept in this morning.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry for the spoiler! I woke up and watched. Since I'm in the pacific time zone I tend to assume it's safe to post once my broadcaster is done with the show, but that's not always the case.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    When i tuned it on they were in race recap so I already knew the outcome,but that doesn't spoil it,I love watching the F1 cars.I can't understand why any fan of race cars aren't watching these guys run.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    They are the most technologically advanced cars on the planet but one problem with viewership is that it's a really tight field. Even the Hondas, Toyotas, and various clients are quick enough to make them difficult to pass if driven correctly. People tend to look for the guy ahead's errors rather than passing on their own strengths most of the time (Hamilton's pass today was an exception I think; he used his strengths more than Raikkonen's weaknesses). So passing isn't as frequent as other sports, and may GPs are won by the pole sitter. Another issue is that the days of getting a cheap ticket to a GP are well done, so actually going to a GP is basically a vacation-grade investment for many people.

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree. I do not watch because of the lack of passing. They are extreamly well devoloped cars and are driven by both gifted and talented drivers.

I of course do not expect to see the rubbing that ALMS or Grand-Am racing has because of the open wheels but it would be nice to see a 5th to 1st win or something of the sort on a regular basis.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    I'm gonna watch the replay,slept in this morning.
    when is replay?