TR GP: Ferrari back, nobody stands out

This is a discussion on TR GP: Ferrari back, nobody stands out within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Being in exile, I get to watch GPs at 0400 or so, and it usually means I'm either in a ...

I Support ClubWRX

TR GP: Ferrari back, nobody stands out

Being in exile, I get to watch GPs at 0400 or so, and it usually means I'm either in a coma or in a reasonably bad mood -- I'm either in no position to criticize anyone or very critical as a result.

Apparently Hamilton and Alonso met in a hotel in Constantinople and when they emerged they said "we're fine." OK, let's take that at face value. This leaves the McLaren/Ferrari spying saga as far as intrigue is concerned, plus who's going to fork cash over to Ralf next year.

Ferrari went well and Hamilton ran out of luck, plus he had a mediocre start. Alonso took advantage. What struck me the most though is that none of the frontrunner IMO have shown "world driving champion" status and there's only six grands prix left. Nobody is outshining anyone else right now. Maybe this is normal and how things are meant to be, maybe everyone is so well matched. Hamilton is notable for his youth, Alonso his beard, Massa his blunders, and Raikkonen for having a pulse (who'd have guessed?), but nobody is this generation's Fangio. On to Italy.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wasn't awake to watch it, but I was happy with the results. It is true what you said no one seems to really be outshining anyone else. Hopefully Ferrari can keep reeling the mclarens in. Only 11 points behind
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    ... And speaking of Italy, I'd like to state for the record that the whole "San Marino GP" and "Italian GP" plus the whole "Rally Monte Carlo" and "Tour de Corse" isn't fooling anybody. They're excuses to give Italy two Grands Prix and France two rallies. Fans can read maps, that's how they show up to pay for tickets.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    ... And speaking of Italy, I'd like to state for the record that the whole "San Marino GP" and "Italian GP" plus the whole "Rally Monte Carlo" and "Tour de Corse" isn't fooling anybody. They're excuses to give Italy two Grands Prix and France two rallies. Fans can read maps, that's how they show up to pay for tickets.
    Thats ok France invented motor racing and Italy makes the best cars they deserve 2 GP's.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.