Subaru WRX Forum banner

ClubWRX 1/4 Mile Ranking List

74K views 361 replies 73 participants last post by  Annihilator817 
#1 · (Edited)
HOW IT WORKS: Read the information below. Post up the REQUIRED POST INFORMATION (see below) and if you wish, the voluntary information. I copy your Required Post Information into a second post below this post, and rank them by TIME. This way, we have a single post with all member's time's in it. Your original post containing your required post information, timeslip (if required) and mod list will remain for others to reference in the future.

REQUIRED POST INFORMATION: All we need is your 1/4 mile times, 1/4 mile traps , 60 ft times, screen-name, and track elevation . In a normal font, post up your run information as follows:

XX.XXX SEC / XXX.XX MPH / X.XX 60 ft / ELEVATION / CAR YEAR / CAR MAKE / SCREEN NAME

A mod list is not a requirement. However, if you provide a mod list, please use the following as a guide, in a simplified format, as follows:

(If you want to put your mod list in, I suggest you copy and past this into your post, then edit as necessary. You don't have to address every topic, just the ones that apply)

a. Intake: Modified or stock. If modded, type and make.

b. Exhaust: Modified or stock. If modded, to what extent (TBE, CB, DP, UP, Headers).

c. EMS: Modified or stock. If modded, type (piggyback, standalone, other) and make and/or stage/map. Other can include chipped, EBC.

d. Turbo modificiations: Includes swaps, rotated, wastegate, porting, polishing, springs, and solenoids.

e. Engine modifications: Anything not stock on the engine long and short block. This includes plugs, engine fluids, elecritical, ignition, etc...anything that touches or goes into the long or short block.

f. Drivetrain Modifications: Anything that touches or goes into the drivetrain. This includes flywheel, clutch, transmission, driveshaft, front/rear axels, differentials, rims, brakes, tires, and all associated lines/fluids. If possible, please list tire pressure used.

g. Weight Reduction: Anything that is taken off or out of the car that was present when the car was sold as new (with the exception of your self of course).

h. (NEW): Gas Octane: The octane of the gas in your tank at the time of your run. If you've added an octane booster, list what kind and how much.

i. Suspension: Anything that has been modified on the suspension components.

j. DRIVER MODS:
1. Years of experience
2. Launch method:
OUCH! (balls to the walls, throttle to the floor, engine bouncing off rev limiter or very near, sideslip the clutch),
SLIP: Any method that means your clutch is still engaged after you start rolling,
PRECISE: Throttle action during launch, with a quick release of the clutch.
3. Shift method:
Speed/Flat foot: Throttle stays planted/never lifts
Fast: Throttle is lifted/clutch is engaged, but very quickly
Granny: Basic, normal everyday driving type shifting
Automatic: Don' need no steenking clutch!

See less See more
#111 ·
Not sure if this thread is still getting interest or not but here's mine.....

13.36 SEC / 98.9 MPH / 1.79 60 ft / Unknown / 2002 WRX/ wrxspins4

home made MBC as the only mod

#112 ·
It still gets updated by me. I do find it odd that this hasn't gained more popularity. Less then 30 times posted to date, and few are multiple postings for the same person.

Oh well....list is updated and I added ranking numbering so you can see where you reside on the list at a glance.

Can't believe my time in a stock STi is still in the top ten...c'mon folks, I know there are many, many faster impreza's out there.

Scott

#113 ·
Just goes to show your ability to drive deserves to go noticed.

My time will creep up a couple slots once I get to the track again come March. I haven't raced since being protuned and I have MUCH more power, and a smoother power band than I did when I ran 12.7. I should be good for a 12.4 or even a 12.3 IMO...

#114 ·
12.06 SEC / ~190kph / XXXXXX ft / ~sea level / 1999 / Forester S/tb / ForesterS/tb

a. Intake: K&N panel filter

b. Exhaust: Custom made 3" turbo-back system.

c. EMS: JDM ECU + Apexi Neo

d. Turbo modificiations: JDM VF30.

e. Engine modifications: 02 WRX TMIC + water spray + full silicone hoses + mbc + forgemotorsp bov

f. Drivetrain Modifications: stock front LSD diff.

g. Weight Reduction: Removed rear seats + spare tire + tools

h. (NEW): Gas Octane: Race gas (actually jet gas + methanol)

i. Suspension: stock struts + 99 wrx springs.

j. DRIVER MODS:
1. first full Year participating in the championship
2. Launch method: rpm to redline + quick clutch release (I know my gearbox wont last forever)

#116 · (Edited)
Hey, I got a almost-stock 05 WRX.

Stock I ran 14.607 in the 1/4

I replaced my up-pipe with a stock one that had been gutted, and now I ran 14.355.

On a side note, at MIR today, I had two passes with a reaction time of .001 and one PERFECT reaction of .000 -- made me happy :) 14.3 isn't bad for a DD...

So my best now stands at

14.355 / 93.82MPH / 2.046 60FT / not sure of elevation, but I was at MIR in Budds Creek MD / 05 WRX / s0n1c

#118 ·
I have the crappy tires that came from the factory -- the Bridgestone Potenza PE92 I think.... And no, I never got under 2.0 for my 60'. I did however beat an Evo IX once on the 60', I had a 2.1, and he had a 2.5....It belongs to a friend of mine, and I asked him what happened, and he didn't know....so I'm going to assume he doesn't know how to launch it.

#121 ·
can't believe i never posted up my times!

13.114 @ 105 - 1.7 60ft - 519ft - efmd3 - 02 WRX

Mods:

a. Intake: stock

b. Exhaust: txs up, cobb dp, sti catback

c. EMS: cobb

d. Turbo modificiations: VF30 P&P ceramic coated

e. Engine modifications: stock

f. Drivetrain Modifications:exedy organic clutch

g. Weight Reduction: none

h. (NEW): Gas Octane: 93

i. Suspension: prodrive springs, agx struts, etc

j. DRIVER MODS:
1. Years of experience: few if any
2. Launch method: pop and drop
3. Shift method: don't know what you call it but as fast as i could

i'm going back in may with a few more mods, a tune on race fuel or methanol and an sti 6sp.

#122 ·
Damn Eric...thats impressive. I didn't know you were VF30'd.

Nice 60ft time...

Launching on your tranny with that power, I'm surprised you didn't destroy it long ago...

#123 · (Edited)
Here is mine from last summer (left lane). Hopefully I'll be able to improve it a little come spring. :cool:

13.896 SEC / 98.31 MPH / 1.90 60 ft / ELEVATION 744 Feet (70 degrees)/ 2007 / WRX / FlimFlamMan

Gabedude's Stage 1 Map (R29) using 93 octane.
COBB short shifter
Prodrive Axleback

Launched by slipping clutch at around 3500-4000rpm.

Fast shift method.

#124 · (Edited)
12.90 sec / 103.5 mph / 1.73 60' / ~70 degrees at ~880' elevation / 04 STi / tom'sti
2004 JBP STi. K&N filter, Catless TBE and a road tune.

#132 ·
Well, I'm in 4th, 5th, and 16th with the same car, so technically you're still in 10th.

If you're really adamant about being out of the top 10, here's my best in the WRX.

12.602 SEC / 111.08 MPH / 1.954 60 ft / ~sea level / 2002 / WRX / IMPREZvWRX
Harhar...good point though. I've erased your duplicate entries so you can't hog up more spots. :tongue: Unfortunately, this put me back in the top 10 and nocked the list back down to 24 entries. Way to go:mad::sadwave::rotfl:

13.6 SEC /at 5,285ft elevation 2005 / sti/

a. Intake:APS CAI

b. Exhaust: Turbo XS catless Turbo back

c. EMS: slightly open ecu

d. Turbo modificiations: Stock

e. Engine modifications: Stock

f. Drivetrain Modifications: did not have clutch/flywheel/shifter bushings in yet

g. Weight Reduction:perrin lightweight pulley

h. Suspension: stock

i. DRIVER MODS:
1. Years of experience: 1 time at track 4 years driving
2. Launch method: slipping clutch not dumping
3. Shift method:
Fast: slamming
Good time for that elevation. Don't get a lot of those.:cool: I need your miles per hour and 60 foot though before I'll put you on the soon to be "infamous" list. (again folks...this is sarcasm).

List updated!

#129 ·
I'll be 12.5 or better come my next run in a week or so :p

Protuned Stage 2 FTW!!!

#131 ·
13.6 SEC /at 5,285ft elevation 2005 / sti/

a. Intake:APS CAI

b. Exhaust: Turbo XS catless Turbo back

c. EMS: slightly open ecu

d. Turbo modificiations: Stock

e. Engine modifications: Stock

f. Drivetrain Modifications: did not have clutch/flywheel/shifter bushings in yet

g. Weight Reduction:perrin lightweight pulley

h. Suspension: stock

i. DRIVER MODS:
1. Years of experience: 1 time at track 4 years driving
2. Launch method: slipping clutch not dumping
3. Shift method:
Fast: slamming

#133 ·
Anyone in my area going to Cecil anytime soon? PM me please. Might want to come out and hang...maybe run the Prii and shock everyone:tongue:.
(actually I'm trying to make you feel bad for me so you'll let me run your car down the track...hehe)

#135 ·
We'll start getting more now that the weather is getting nicer...You need to advertise this thread elsewhere, Scott :cool:

#141 ·
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Poor fella.

Funny, 'cause I feel the same way about cone bashing. But then, at least 1/4 mile is run on a real track:tongue:

hehe...j/k. I'd rather ring one out on a road course regardless, but there is a certain amount of skill required to get a good 1/4 time, and I've found that many folks discover it is a lot harder than it looks.
You are right...nothing beats the twisties, but there is something about raw acceleration pinning you in your seat and shifting absolutely perfectly that you make your car go a certain distance in the fastest time it possibly can...that really intrigues me. :cool:
+132456

My love is the road courses and twisties, but there is something undeniably raw and fundamental about the 1320. Launching hard with 4 wheel spin, turbo screamin, the hanging smell of race gas and tire smoke, sounds of uncorked V8's, racing yourself and the guy in the next lane, nothing quite like it. I still get butterflies, huge adrenalin rush everytime.

and YB is right, its not as easy as it looks. I long for a dedicated track car to be able to beat weekly at both the 1/4 and local road courses.

#140 ·
Don't get me wrong, I can see the attraction of the acceleration and enjoy the challenge of trying to get the best time possible. I just don't want to spend money on new clutches and the other parts that will inevitably go kerplooey! So that makes them pointless to me for that simple reason. Maybe pointless wasn't the right word.... Unattractive?

#145 ·
Add mine and it wont be. One page back.

#144 ·
1/4 mile time for my ots cobb stage2 map 13.66 102.7 mph.
p.s. what makes drag racing, if ur doing it right, so bad compared to auto x, but wat i mean doing it right means slipping the clutch not dumping it. dont get me wrong i have never done auto x, but from what i have seen they are still really hard on the engine and the tranny, not to mention the suspension and the tires, brakes, and steering components.

#146 ·
i'm going to go back to the track with yet another set of tires to see if i can come close to my best run w/ the 5sp.

we are thinking about renting the track out again so we can have the fully prepped track to ourselves.

We=me and friends with fast cars.

If i can't get into the 12s next time, I am going to cry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.