ClubWRX 1/4 Mile Ranking List - Page 19
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 362

This is a discussion on ClubWRX 1/4 Mile Ranking List within the Motorsport Stickies forums, part of the Motorsports Talk category; Originally Posted by Wrinklechops 12.7 stock? nah it was Stage 2 with OTS Cobb map. My baseline before I got ...

  1. #271
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    12.7 stock?
    nah it was Stage 2 with OTS Cobb map. My baseline before I got protuned was showing about 285whp. After tuning, I was at 310whp and 330wtq...and I never got a chance to run a quarter after being tuned. I probably could have gotten close to a 12.3, especially given that the power curve was optimized and smoothed out beautifully.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #272
    Registered User pacemaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    21

    Smile Two Runs At Sacramento

    Oct 17th 2009
    06 TR ... only nonstock parts are a 3" midpipe+ 3rd cat gone.
    With a [WTF] performance 2 1/2 inch muffler. And four brand new Bridgestone Blizzaks
    1st run-- .585 RT slipping the clutch.[Oh that smell] and shifting at redline lifting and shift got me a 14:58 @ 96 mph
    2nd run much better... .354 RT 14:30 @ 96.6 mph.
    Ps never ever drove a car at the strip before.
    How do i rate ??

  4. #273
    Geriatric Ginger Mod Rogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    behind the wheel
    Posts
    8,188
    I Support ClubWRX
    a 14.30 @ 96 on Blizzaks? I'd say that's pretty good, unless the track was snow-covered, then it's way slow! work on the r/t and it'll be in the 13s.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

  5. #274
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    a 14.30 @ 96 on Blizzaks? I'd say that's pretty good, unless the track was snow-covered, then it's way slow! work on the r/t and it'll be in the 13s.
    Not bad on Blizzaks...I've talked to some tuners and enthusiasts saying the best thing is dragging with All-seasons on so that you get some wheel spin just before the launch. It will spin and go without breaking an axle or anything. In theory it makes plenty of sense to me...

    But Rick, I'm a bit confused, I thought that the R/T had nothing to do with the actual run time of a drag considering that I don't think the timer starts until your car physically leaves the staging area. I've heard numerous people state that...am I wrong? I know you're much more of a car guy than me
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  6. #275
    Geriatric Ginger Mod Rogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    behind the wheel
    Posts
    8,188
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Not bad on Blizzaks...I've talked to some tuners and enthusiasts saying the best thing is dragging with All-seasons on so that you get some wheel spin just before the launch. It will spin and go without breaking an axle or anything. In theory it makes plenty of sense to me...

    But Rick, I'm a bit confused, I thought that the R/T had nothing to do with the actual run time of a drag considering that I don't think the timer starts until your car physically leaves the staging area. I've heard numerous people state that...am I wrong? I know you're much more of a car guy than me
    reaction time is just that: the time it takes for your tires to leave the beams, after the light turns green. the sharper you get that to zero, the more tuned in you are to the run, which will actually make you a tad quicker through the traps.

    Another thing is staging depth. a shallow staging (where the staged light is barely on) will net you higher trap but slower r/t. This is because your car is already picking up speed (rolling further) before the light is tripped. This will also net a quicker 60-footer.

    A Deep stage, or where the pre-staged light is just about to go off, as your tire nears leaving it's projected beam) will yeild a much quicker/lower r/t, but at the expense of a slightly lower trap.


    So reaction times, however you choose to work them, can pick up e.t. and mph on the big end.

    Edit: mspaint of staging and what it does, in a most generic description..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails graph.jpg  
    Last edited by Rogan; 11-02-2009 at 10:22 AM.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

  7. #276
    Registered User PREracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GRESHAM, OR
    Posts
    159
    10.62 SEC / 124 MPH / 1.47 60 ft / 400ft / 2003 / wrx / PREracing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bobby_timeslip9-27-09.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	86116

    PRE'S RWD WRX RUNS A 10.62 @ 124MPH Video by Performance Race Engineering - MySpace Video

    dont mind the stupid music it was battle of the imports and thats what they had playing and yes the music was loud...

    here is a link to the build page for the car
    Performance Race Engineering Online - Shop Projects - Bobby's RWD WRX
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

    preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

  8. #277
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,627
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's impressive bobby... totally impressive!
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  9. #278
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,729
    DAAAAAYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!


    Sick run Bobby...love that RWD WRX...

    And Rick, thank you for that little demo and clear up...makes a lot of sense to me now
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  10. #279
    Registered User PREracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GRESHAM, OR
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    reaction time is just that: the time it takes for your tires to leave the beams, after the light turns green. the sharper you get that to zero, the more tuned in you are to the run, which will actually make you a tad quicker through the traps.

    Another thing is staging depth. a shallow staging (where the staged light is barely on) will net you higher trap but slower r/t. This is because your car is already picking up speed (rolling further) before the light is tripped. This will also net a quicker 60-footer.

    A Deep stage, or where the pre-staged light is just about to go off, as your tire nears leaving it's projected beam) will yeild a much quicker/lower r/t, but at the expense of a slightly lower trap.


    So reaction times, however you choose to work them, can pick up e.t. and mph on the big end.

    Edit: mspaint of staging and what it does, in a most generic description..
    I understand what you are trying to explain but I think it might be a little misleading to people. your reaction time will never affect your time or trap. and you could never see a 10 mph difference from shallow staging vs deep staging. there is only about 6 inches between the 2 beams. if your car can go from 0 mph to 10 mph then you would be in a top fuel dragster or funny car. although on an over exagerated graph it does make it easier to show what a difference could be had between deep and shallow staging.
    Last edited by PREracing; 11-07-2009 at 05:09 PM.
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

    preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

  11. #280
    Registered User pacemaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    21

    Dragging an almost stock 06

    Thnx for the input on my two runs.
    The reaction time thing has me a little confused...but in a sense like you said.....shallow stage and get a good leave.....would improve our 60 foot [mph ]which is the most important part of the run.....for best mph, kind of contradicting......because you can't have both a best ET or highest mph in the same run. So a shallow stage gets you best mph and a deep stage gets the best ET.... yesno..
    Ps this is fun to talk about.
    I think i got it wrong.....A shallow stage can give you a good ET and MPH and 60 foot time....??
    Last edited by pacemaster; 11-19-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: I was confused...hehehe

  12. #281
    Geriatric Ginger Mod Rogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    behind the wheel
    Posts
    8,188
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PREracing View Post
    I understand what you are trying to explain but I think it might be a little misleading to people. your reaction time will never affect your time or trap. and you could never see a 10 mph difference from shallow staging vs deep staging. there is only about 6 inches between the 2 beams. if your car can go from 0 mph to 10 mph then you would be in a top fuel dragster or funny car. although on an over exagerated graph it does make it easier to show what a difference could be had between deep and shallow staging.
    You're right, bobby. it was a confusion/misuse of terminology. I should've known better than to not pick up on it.

    As for the charts, as I stated, it was a very generic use. The numbers weren't to be used in a literal sense, but more so to show the differences in speed vs time in staging. I know you aren't doing 10mph, it was just a reference point.

    Apologies for the confusion.


    But, to add, a race can be WON or LOST, on a reaction time.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

  13. #282
    Registered User PREracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GRESHAM, OR
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    You're right, bobby. it was a confusion/misuse of terminology. I should've known better than to not pick up on it.

    As for the charts, as I stated, it was a very generic use. The numbers weren't to be used in a literal sense, but more so to show the differences in speed vs time in staging. I know you aren't doing 10mph, it was just a reference point.

    Apologies for the confusion.


    But, to add, a race can be WON or LOST, on a reaction time.
    by all means it is great info for people who want to be serious about racing because racing in won or lost by .001 of a second so every little bit helps and yes you can win or lose because of your reaction time. great info, I just didn't want the confusion to be had about the point you were making. the reason I brought it up was because I here customers of mine saying to me they went to the track and ran xx.xx @ xxx.xx but their reaction time was horrible and they that if they got a better reaction time (ie. half a second better) that there et would also get better (half a second better) and then I have to explain to them that is not the case. I have to assume that most people don't fully understand the in's and outs of drag racing(not just driving in a straight line) and I really liked your graph but it left a little room for confusion, thats all.

    great job-

    thanks-
    bobby
    Last edited by PREracing; 11-09-2009 at 10:25 AM.
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

    preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

  14. #283
    Geriatric Ginger Mod Rogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    behind the wheel
    Posts
    8,188
    I Support ClubWRX
    having been around dragstrips for many of years, and owned a couple different 10sec cars in my day, as well as my brother with an IHRA ProMod/Quick-8 car, I'd better know my stuff, or reap the never ending chastising
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

  15. #284
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27
    Lol, well I don't exactly have a Subaru, but my seat belts are the same ones out of the GC cars, ha ha. Does that count? My PS reservoir is the same too, so my car is "part Subaru"

    Anyways, I just wanted to post up my time for the hell of it, so here it goes:

    11.958 SEC / 114.03 MPH / 1.613 ft / 550 Ft / 1992 / Nissan 240SX / Turbo4WD
    Last edited by Turbo4WD; 11-17-2009 at 05:58 PM.

  16. #285
    Geriatric Ginger Mod Rogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    behind the wheel
    Posts
    8,188
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo4WD View Post
    Lol, well I don't exactly have a Subaru, but my seat belts are the same ones out of the GC cars, ha ha. Does that count? My PS reservoir is the same too, so my car is "part Subaru"

    Anyways, I just wanted to post up my time for the hell of it, so here it goes:

    11.958 SEC / 114.03 MPH / 1.613 ft / 550 Ft / 1992 / Nissan 240SX / Turbo4WD
    GTR swap?

    I used to have an S13 coupe SR20DET (rwd) and it was wicked quick/fast for the very few mods I had on it.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •