ClubWRX 1/4 Mile Ranking List - Page 16
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

This is a discussion on ClubWRX 1/4 Mile Ranking List within the Motorsport Stickies forums, part of the Motorsports Talk category; yes sir!...

yes sir!
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPREZvWRX View Post
    Don't go sticking 116 in a mildly modded street car. Read up on proper race gas use before trying it out. It can turn into a huge waste of money.
    Huge waste of money... and ruin emissions components... (cat).. there's a reason why we can't run leaded gas anymore
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Thought I'd bump to mention that at 8633ft DA I got a 1.88 60ft, but only a 13.80 The weather was horrendous... not drag weather at all. But the 1.88 60ft made me ecstatic. At 6000ft, I would have beat my 13.6 best time

(Btw... the C6 that I raced got 14.46)
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post

(Btw... the C6 that I raced got 14.46)
    buhaahaahaaahaaa

I love it when these things happen
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    buhaahaahaaahaaa

I love it when these things happen
    at 8600ft DA... 14.4 isn't a bad time for a C6. His RT is what amazed me. He's apparently a former professional super comp driver... and got an RT of .074
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Im debating whether i should run my car this sunday at subaru vs evo day at englishtown....i really want to know what i run, but i dont want to slip my clutch. Would i bog like a mofo if i dump my clutch? (since you guys are familiar with the ground)
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    Im debating whether i should run my car this sunday at subaru vs evo day at englishtown....i really want to know what i run, but i dont want to slip my clutch. Would i bog like a mofo if i dump my clutch? (since you guys are familiar with the ground)
    I know Englishtown quite well...very sticky staging area...up the pressure in the tires to 40psi or so and skip the AWD burnout attempt. A little water on the tires might not be a bad idea either if you want to drive through the burnout area.

Are you modded at all? How much power are you putting down to the wheels? I don't think its a great idea to just straight dump the clutch as opposed to a controlled dump or quicker slip...rev up to about 5500rpm when the tree is staging, and when it hits green, release the clutch quickly, but controlled. If you release when you're in the correct RPMs, you should drop right down into your powerband and build quick boost, minimizing any chance at bogging. You should get a little wheel spin then just take off like a bat out of hell once you get the traction
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I know Englishtown quite well...very sticky staging area...up the pressure in the tires to 40psi or so and skip the AWD burnout attempt. A little water on the tires might not be a bad idea either if you want to drive through the burnout area.

Are you modded at all? How much power are you putting down to the wheels? I don't think its a great idea to just straight dump the clutch as opposed to a controlled dump or quicker slip...rev up to about 5500rpm when the tree is staging, and when it hits green, release the clutch quickly, but controlled. If you release when you're in the correct RPMs, you should drop right down into your powerband and build quick boost, minimizing any chance at bogging. You should get a little wheel spin then just take off like a bat out of hell once you get the traction
    yea my mods are in my signature or my profile. I just didnt want to burn my clutch since i just got it put on about a month and a half ago. Should i just wait until i change my suspension, since my back is sitting lower than my front? I also wanted to get launch control. Third thing is that it's going to be hot so i know that my car won't be at its full potential. Is it worth running the poor 1/4 mile time?
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes it is....

Because everyone else is going to be running in that hot weather too, and Drag Racing isn't about seeing who you can beat... it's seeing how much you can beat yourself by!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

yea my mods are in my signature or my profile. I just didnt want to burn my clutch since i just got it put on about a month and a half ago. Should i just wait until i change my suspension, since my back is sitting lower than my front? I also wanted to get launch control. Third thing is that it's going to be hot so i know that my car won't be at its full potential. Is it worth running the poor 1/4 mile time?
    Oh hell I didn't notice you had an STI tranny and a 16G...dude beat the hell out of that thing, it can take it

Seriously though, don't abuse it and bang gears around...but the clutch can handle some serious launches. The method I explained should actually be perfect for an STI tranny with your power. Given a 16G, you are probably seeing full boost by 3400rpms, so just rev up to about 5900rpms and do the controlled fast slip. You should be good to run a 12.3 @ 107+ mph or better with that power and an STI tranny, provided you get a good launch at Englishtown

Yes it is....

Because everyone else is going to be running in that hot weather too, and Drag Racing isn't about seeing who you can beat... it's seeing how much you can beat yourself by!
    +1...couldn't have said it better myself.

...even though it does feel good knowing you can take down a random Evo or 335ci or something like that
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    ...even though it does feel good knowing you can take down a random Evo or 335ci or something like that
    Definitely! I've got a lot of good races under my belt. 335xi, Corvette C6, Camaro SSs, Mustang GTs, a few Mustang Cobras, a few mild STis and Evos, a super charged hemi cuda, a 442, all kinds of stuff. But I don't go to win... I go to learn how to drive better

That 12.3 would have to be with a lot of practice. (That's why you go!! To practice!) I'd guess just shy of 13 for a first run.

In the matter of 3x going to the strip I went from 14.2 to 13.6. Now My best runs are between 13.6 and 13.8 depending on the weather and my 60ft.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

13.85/98.8mph/elev. ? norwalk, oh/02 wrx wagon

Turbo xs tbe , sti up-pipe
    Cobb v1 ap stg2 93oct.
    k&n panel filter & silencer delete
    Cobb short throw, Redline Non syn. trans. gear oil & synthetic in the diff.
    Cooper zeon rubbers

2yrs -1yr license suspended
    slip clutch, shift fast, revv third out like like never before.

60ft. was not recorded most likely because it was a high school event.

Definitely! I've got a lot of good races under my belt. 335xi, Corvette C6, Camaro SSs, Mustang GTs, a few Mustang Cobras, a few mild STis and Evos, a super charged hemi cuda, a 442, all kinds of stuff. But I don't go to win... I go to learn how to drive better

That 12.3 would have to be with a lot of practice. (That's why you go!! To practice!) I'd guess just shy of 13 for a first run.

In the matter of 3x going to the strip I went from 14.2 to 13.6. Now My best runs are between 13.6 and 13.8 depending on the weather and my 60ft.
    Thats awesome! I have a 335ci, couple Camaros, a handful of Mustangs, Civic SI, numerous WRXs, STI's and Evos...and others, but I haven't been in well over a year now though and I no longer have my STI

I'm estimating his time with his power...I could have hit 12.3 with my protune but after I got it done, I never made it to the track . My best was 12.7 with OTS Cobb Stage 2. I gained 25% torque to the wheels and 20% HP.

A 12.3 should be attainable like you said, with practice, good consistent 60ft's and with good weather conditions (humid and hot will slow you obviously)

Thats awesome! I have a 335ci, couple Camaros, a handful of Mustangs, Civic SI, numerous WRXs, STI's and Evos...and others, but I haven't been in well over a year now though and I no longer have my STI

I'm estimating his time with his power...I could have hit 12.3 with my protune but after I got it done, I never made it to the track . My best was 12.7 with OTS Cobb Stage 2. I gained 25% torque to the wheels and 20% HP.

A 12.3 should be attainable like you said, with practice, good consistent 60ft's and with good weather conditions (humid and hot will slow you obviously)
    i definitely wont hit 12.3 lol

my friend has an 06 sti and he put down 350whp on the same dyno as me. He pulls on me in the higher gears....like mid 4th

He lost to an audi that ran 11.5 at the track by 2 cars. So hes aiming for a 12.5.

Me? Ill run like a 13.8 lmao....my suspension has my front end higher than my rear, i have all season tires that will probably make me bog like crazy at the stick track, and this hot weather, for some reason, makes me not run full boost.

I think im going to sit this one out and wait til i get launch control
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

I Support ClubWRX
    i definitely wont hit 12.3 lol

my friend has an 06 sti and he put down 350whp on the same dyno as me. He pulls on me in the higher gears....like mid 4th

He lost to an audi that ran 11.5 at the track by 2 cars. So hes aiming for a 12.5.

Me? Ill run like a 13.8 lmao....my suspension has my front end higher than my rear, i have all season tires that will probably make me bog like crazy at the stick track, and this hot weather, for some reason, makes me not run full boost.

I think im going to sit this one out and wait til i get launch control
    Hot weather hurts boost. It's a fact.

GO. Have fun! The launch is the toughest part. Go practice for the days that are colder. If you don't practice you'll never do any good.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ