ClubWRX 1/4 Mile Ranking List - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on ClubWRX 1/4 Mile Ranking List within the Motorsport Stickies forums, part of the Motorsports Talk category; Originally Posted by Sinister That's what launch control is for. Download the Launch Control maps to your accessport, then use ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    That's what launch control is for. Download the Launch Control maps to your accessport, then use accessrace to convert all numbers (triple check!!) over onto the Launch Control map.
    Will give it a go when im using AP again. atm car is opensource tuned. Upgrading brakes/sways and retuning on an AP to 22psi/350whp
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post
    I'm having alot of trouble at the launch with reaction - i'm revving to 4.5 and feathering but it chokes or burns the clutch - its almost like I have to pull clutch before the green light to get the turbo to push me off.
    yeah i know what you mean. i had alot of trouble learning how to launch. i was running 14.2's all day and i finally got pissed and was feathering it around 5 grand. and finally 13's lol. it just takes practice and a couple hundred miles off your clutch
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #132

"buy it, ease it, brake it, fix it, trash it, change it now upgrade it."

"i can easily rip the spine out of cars, and watch their bodies fall into a sea of oil and metal"

I Support ClubWRX
    Will give it a go when im using AP again. atm car is opensource tuned. Upgrading brakes/sways and retuning on an AP to 22psi/350whp
    Sorry I couldn't IM about this yesterday. I don't like to IM and drive! Feel free to try again today and I'll see if I can't explain it better.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    13.787 SEC / 98.86 MPH / 1.96 60 ft / 7,400feet elevation after adjustment / 2006 / WRX / Sinister

a. Intake: K&N SRI, STi TMIC, Silicone y-piping

b. Exhaust: BPM TBE

c. EMS: Cobb AccessPORT ProTune to 16.8psi

d. Turbo modificiations: VF39

e. Engine modifications: Stock

f. Drivetrain Modifications: ACT Stage 1 Clutch, ACT Streetlight Flywheel

g. Weight Reduction: Took a poo before hand... otherwise everything was as I daily drive her.

h. Gas Octane: 91 Oct

i. Suspension: STi Pinks, Cobb Sways, Perrin Endlinks

j. DRIVER MODS:
    1. Years of experience: First track trip
    2. Launch method: Quick slip from 5k with Launch Control
    3. Shift method: Fast

Notes:
    I was disappointed in my tires. I should've gotten a better 60ft and ET (look at the speed!) but unfortunately my tires were slipping really bad on the launch. I'll be getting new ones soon! This equates to approximately 12.9 seconds at Sea Level because of the extreme barometric pressure differences.
    List updated. Not bad at all for that elevation.

FYI folks, there is a sticky somewhere in this forum on how to launch. Personally, I use the feather the throttle method followed by a pretty hard clutch release. Roasting a clutch is not my favorite thing to do, but then, I understand about concerns around the WRX trans. Launching an AWD Subaru is an art form, for sure.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Launch Control is listed on the features of the sub-003 (2008-2009) accessport, but there are no launch control maps available... you may need to contact COBB and ask them if there's LC available on 2008's yet.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    List updated. Not bad at all for that elevation.

Thanks!

FYI folks, there is a sticky somewhere in this forum on how to launch. Personally, I use the feather the throttle method followed by a pretty hard clutch release. Roasting a clutch is not my favorite thing to do, but then, I understand about concerns around the WRX trans. Launching an AWD Subaru is an art form, for sure.

I was doing the 3-5k build boost and heavy slip, but the tires were roasting and I was getting 2.2 60fts, so I switched on launch control, and played with that, I was getting consistent 1.9s with LC... After I get some new rubbers I guess we'll see what happens!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Yeah, will have to check up on that. Cobb has been pretty shady on a lot of things lately though, took down a lot of their products for sale... their tech support is the reason my shift cup is messed up to.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm a bit surprised not to see more new times. Usually we get more traffic through here during spring/early summer, then it tapers through the summer and picks up around Sep again.
    Tracks are full, thats for sure. Seems like as the economy dips, more and more cars are showing up.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I'm a bit surprised not to see more new times. Usually we get more traffic through here during spring/early summer, then it tapers through the summer and picks up around Sep again.
    Tracks are full, thats for sure. Seems like as the economy dips, more and more cars are showing up.
    its because the home page is down. ive been trying to get on here for a month and just figured out how.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

I Support ClubWRX
    13.626 SEC / 100.55 MPH / 1.90 60 ft / 7,379 feet elevation after adjustment / 2006 / WRX / Sinister

g. Weight Reduction: Tire removed?

j. DRIVER MODS:
    1. Years of experience: Second track trip

Notes: I hit that 100.55mph in 3rd gear. Only 2 shifts and a launch. I was hoping for 13.5, but I only got 3 runs in because of rain. Maybe next time! Again... tires were spinning. Not as easily though because I lowered my tire pressure to 28psi the whole way around. Just for the record... there was a STi in the low 14's with an E85 tuned stage 2... so I feel pretty good about this run!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Notes: I hit that 100.55mph in 3rd gear.
    i hit the rev limiter in 3rd gear before i get to the end of the 1/4 mile.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    i hit the rev limiter in 3rd gear before i get to the end of the 1/4 mile.
    im going stg 2 and was wondering how you can top out 3rd in the 1/4?...aren't you loosing boost way before the rev limiter?? thanks!...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #132

"buy it, ease it, brake it, fix it, trash it, change it now upgrade it."

"i can easily rip the spine out of cars, and watch their bodies fall into a sea of oil and metal"

I Support ClubWRX
    13.626 SEC / 100.55 MPH / 1.90 60 ft / 7,379 feet elevation after adjustment / 2006 / WRX / Sinister

g. Weight Reduction: Tire removed?

j. DRIVER MODS:
    1. Years of experience: Second track trip

Notes: I hit that 100.55mph in 3rd gear. Only 2 shifts and a launch. I was hoping for 13.5, but I only got 3 runs in because of rain. Maybe next time! Again... tires were spinning. Not as easily though because I lowered my tire pressure to 28psi the whole way around. Just for the record... there was a STi in the low 14's with an E85 tuned stage 2... so I feel pretty good about this run!
    A good run for that elevation. Updated table, adding you your new run and deleting the old. Two tenths improvement is a pretty good learning curve. Did you get your new tires? Word of caution on your tire pressure. If those tires ever grab hard out of the gate, say by-by to your trans. Really...you want some spin so be careful. I always found higher pressures worked better with the AWD, but this was based on me not wanting to break my daily driver also.

FYI, for those doubting the trap in 3rd:
    Cobb AP raises redline (7100 or 7200 rpm..I forget exactly)
    3rd gear ration: 3.7
    Final Drive: 1.366
    45 Aspect ratio tires
    225 mm width tires

So...at 7K RPM, the car is capable of 102.89.

Speedo inaccuracies account for any sludge, but he has a timeslip, so this is irrelavant.

I would imagine thought that if try short shifting, you'll end up with a tenth or two knocked off and another .5 mph added on. If you are ending up in the top of 3rd, you are probably going to redline in 1st and 2nd. If you look at the HP/TQ curves, you'll see the best shift range is between 6600-6800 rpm.
    For myself, I shift when it "feels" right, and this works best for me. Sounds like you are doing the same, as you can't deny the results.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 06-04-2009 at 05:53 AM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    A good run for that elevation. Updated table, adding you your new run and deleting the old. Two tenths improvement is a pretty good learning curve. Did you get your new tires? Word of caution on your tire pressure. If those tires ever grab hard out of the gate, say by-by to your trans. Really...you want some spin so be careful. I always found higher pressures worked better with the AWD, but this was based on me not wanting to break my daily driver also.

FYI, for those doubting the trap in 3rd:
    Cobb AP raises redline (7100 or 7200 rpm..I forget exactly)
    3rd gear ration: 3.7
    Final Drive: 1.366
    45 Aspect ratio tires
    225 mm width tires

So...at 7K RPM, the car is capable of 102.89.

Speedo inaccuracies account for any sludge, but he has a timeslip, so this is irrelavant.

I would imagine thought that if try short shifting, you'll end up with a tenth or two knocked off and another .5 mph added on. If you are ending up in the top of 3rd, you are probably going to redline in 1st and 2nd. If you look at the HP/TQ curves, you'll see the best shift range is between 6600-6800 rpm.
    For myself, I shift when it "feels" right, and this works best for me. Sounds like you are doing the same, as you can't deny the results.
    I'm still on pilot sport all seasons. I was still getting some spin, but I'd rather slip the clutch than spin the tires. Seems to get me better 06fts. The last time, before I went to 28lbs.. I was at 38lbs. (what discount tire recommended ) with 38lbs I was spinning like a RWD car... getting 2.3 60fts!! It was crazy, that's why I dropped my tire pressure down to 28.

I'll try short shifting a couple runs next time, but my shift light is at 6700, and after reaction I shift about 68-6900.

Another thing to mention... with a 1.9 60ft and flat foot shifting on the AP, I got a 14.4... flatfoot shifting is not all it's cracked up to be... but Launch control is! I was building 6-8lbs of boost at the christmas tree!

There was a FPRed Sti that was getting high 11's last night. Pretty incredible!

I really feel like I should be below 13.5. I think the driver (me) and the tires are to blame.

Edit: BTW... 0.7 seconds is the average deviation for turbo cars from our altitude to sealevel... so I'm a 12.9second car now!
    Last edited by Sinister; 06-04-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh yeah...those all seasons are killing your time...no question. Get some used STi RE070s...you can usually pick them up in the for sale forum pretty cheap. I've bought 3 full sets over the years, never had to pay more the $300 total, and managed to get well over 20K miles on the used sets. Best bang for the buck out there, and I really believe these are some of the best OEM tires out there.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.