Official: Subaru pulling out of WRC tomorrow (Dec 16th 2008) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Official: Subaru pulling out of WRC tomorrow (Dec 16th 2008) within the Motorsport Stickies forums, part of the Motorsports Talk category; The Adapta World Rally Team is set to continue with its plans for the 2009 World Rally Championship season, despite ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    The Adapta World Rally Team is set to continue with its plans for the 2009 World Rally Championship season, despite Subaru's announcement that it is to quit the sport.

It was announced back in September that the team would become Subaru's second manufacturer outfit for 2009, taking part in the ten European events with an option to add Argentina and Australia to its schedule.

Double Norwegian Rally Champion Mads Ostberg was confirmed as one of the drivers for the team with the second driver still to be finalised.

Subaru's announcement this morning [Tuesday] of its immediate withdrawal from the WRC immediately led to question marks over whether or not the Adapta programme would continue.

However, a spokesman from Prodrive – the team behind the Subaru WRC programme – told Crash.net that the Adapta entry would still happen in 2009 with the team committed to running in the series.

“Adapta have confirmed to us their commitment to next season with an Impreza WRC2008,” he said.

With Subaru's withdrawal, it remains to be seen whether the entry will now be for just a single car or if the team will push ahead with plans for a second driver.

Crash.net Adapta_program_set_to_continue.html
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is sad!
    Bugeye Mafia member #79
    The Blobeye Syndicate #79
    01 WRB WRX aka The Scooby - Sold
    05 WRB STi aka The STi (EJ207)

All We'll Drive

Riot in the streets its teh end of teh worlds!

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Much larger firms pulled out years ago. As much as I hope for a quick return, FIA seem even more dedicated to wrecking rallying in order to maintain F1 as a cash chow than usual, and at this stage (pun...) they seem to be on-track (and another pun, eh...).

Not directly maintaining a WRC works effort doesn't mean AWD turbo cars are out of the question on the production level; there are some makers that do just that. To us, the consumers, this is what matters really, since I for one will never afford a WRC ride and would never, ever daily drive a Group N suspension, much less own a car, so whether they make them or not matters very little. Granted, some of the Group N bits are useful for grassroots motorsports too, especially mounts and bushings and such, but other makers can step in easily enough.

However, whether Subaru will be able to maintain whatever cachet the works team had generated over two decades in the future remains to be seen (and I have my doubts... Audi and Lancia are one thing, but identifying Subaru with rallying in a few years if Subaru no longer compete may not be easy -- after all, Toyota changed rally history, were even more important to rallying than Subaru, and yet they are almost forgotten now).
    This does suck but SD GR does have a point, bigger things have happened in the WRC.
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

Tallahassee, FL is home... Memphis, TN for school
    Wow.... just Wow.... Subaru has totally built their image around the WRC... They are screwing themselves over... Granted their cars have not been at the top since the late 90's and early 2000's...

It seems as though EVERY manufacturer is pulling out of their motorsport arena as a backer.

I think Grassroots teams will start up again, which will be cool. But wow...........

Glad I was able to go to Rally Mexico...
    2002 PSM WRX <- going back to stock Suspension parts GALORE for sale!
    The Project STX Sedan Build Thread
    Race hard or go home!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Worst of all,they let that frog-eating Frenchman ride away into the sunset without ever seriously challenging him.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Tallahassee, FL is home... Memphis, TN for school
    ^ no joke!
    2002 PSM WRX <- going back to stock Suspension parts GALORE for sale!
    The Project STX Sedan Build Thread
    Race hard or go home!

Called it in august; Sti goes back to sedan for 2010 , Post 6

No surprise here, didn't expect it quite so soon though....
    ~Selah

I Support ClubWRX
    ugh.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    Worst of all,they let that frog-eating Frenchman ride away into the sunset without ever seriously challenging him.
    I'm a frog-o-phile, but alas. First Speed gets ugly, and now Subaru too.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe they will let WRB die with dignity too.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

And Honda is pulling out of F1, I hear... I'm sure all motorsports will be hurting now.

World economy thrown into turmoil by inept/greedy people. So when do the Wall Street trials start? There are none? OK, when do the indictments begin? There are none? OK, how are the investigations going? There are none? Thank you very much to those in charge.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Registered User CorrPerformance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    And Honda is pulling out of F1, I hear... I'm sure all motorsports will be hurting now.

World economy thrown into turmoil by inept/greedy people. So when do the Wall Street trials start? There are none? OK, when do the indictments begin? There are none? OK, how are the investigations going? There are none? Thank you very much to those in charge.
    I was talking to one of my friend that each year goes to the 24hrs of Rolex and he told me that Audi and Porsche are pulling out of the American Lemans series. Man its going to get to the point there are only ppl racing Hybrid and shifter cars out there.
    Alberto I Correa, Jr.
    EFI 101 Graduate 7-16-05
    AEM EMS factory trained
    Seguimos afinando, vendiendo y jodiendo....Entonces?

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^ that's approximately correct

LMP1 and P2- I think it's safe to say Porsche will still be quite active in GT2

there was an interesting editorial in Grassroots Motorsports talking about the economy downturn and racing. very interesting read- talked about the racing scene during the Great Depression and even during World War War II- it can/will certainly change, but it's not going to go away
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    The Future of Motorsport
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.